Hi guys need some help please :)

Hitchen187
This post is 3703 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I put that in 1st but after a ride i left bike stood up straight and let it settle and inspection hole was empty thats y i put more in i thought it had lost oil somewere but ill start again ill empty it n fill it up again

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yeh hitchy " is the sight glass clean, are you seeing the level, :eusa_think: And hope your keeping the 2 stroke tank topped up,,, different issue , but just remembering you,,,

The sight glass is clean yeah i can see the oil when i put it in but wen i kick bike the level drops and eventually all seems to dissapear and not returning back into inspection hole and yeah iv got 2stroke oil in bottle but thanks for reminder on that 1 lol

Well thats a strange one. :eusa_think: As in a stroker its only gearbox thrashing it around , should settle quickly. not like a fourstroke and pumped round engine, [ top end etc] thats why 4strokes take a while to settle level,

I thought it was strange aswell thats y i put more oil in i havent run it though jus kicked it over with ignition off and watched the oil level i havent a clue were its gone im goin to check for visual leaks tomorrow but it was empty after i kicked it over around 20 times so god nos were its gone lol

I thought it was strange aswell thats y i put more oil in i havent run it though jus kicked it over with ignition off and watched the oil level i havent a clue were its gone im goin to check for visual leaks tomorrow but it was empty after i kicked it over around 20 times so god nos were its gone lol

It's not gone anywhere far away, I'd guess that the clutch rotation has thrown the oil out of the clutch casing into the gearbox casing and because the oil is cold and thick (viscous) then it will take time to seep back to the clutch case which is where the inspection window is? This is why you check with a hot engine ;)

I've had bikes that for some reason you had to lean to the left and then stand straight to get the oil to show up in the window,but as air head said just put in the right amount and don't wory to much about it.If your output shaft is leaking then fix it so you dont have wory about the level droping.

Iv done all jobs on it now set float to 20mm no fuel leak no oil leaks ticks over perfect without choke on cuts out when warm with choke on pulls in every gear so i think finally i am victorious and you were right about the oil air head were it had settled so cheers every 1 again so happy bikes sorted i got a non runner running with your help so just got mot check list to do then get her on road :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...