Hi guys need some help please :)

Hitchen187
This post is 3707 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Bike was running ok on a short ride after i had done all the above things then bike started bogging out with choke on and with choke off now it wont start im going to check plug and check fuel flow tomorrow

Yeah had 3 or 4 short runs without cutting out and i was opening it up full revs the only slight issue was a high idle at 3-4k it cut out when i put choke on but i assumed that was normal with engine being warm but wen bike was idling high i tried to adjust the idle screw and it didnt really change much it was either high idle or wen i adjusted screw out at small alterations it just dropped to almost cutting out and i had to flick choke back on for a second for it to keep running if you understand what i mean iv just ordered a new standard air filter aswell just to eliminate that as an issue

I take it that was the idle screw , you backed off" large knurled edge, not the air screw[ small cross head ] ?

As the idle screw just raises and drops the slide. a small amount should not cause engine to die,

Now you have a air leak somewhere possible causes carb not tight ,reed valve not sealed,intake cracked, left crank seal.

edit

Or what blackhat said just read it.

the only slight issue was a high idle at 3-4k iwith engine being warm

Was the idle fine when engine cold, ? how old is this DT

Yeah the idle screw i was adjusting all the fittings are tight and well sealed iv used gasket gasket sealant on all the intake and reed valve side the inlet looks in good condition i cant see any cracks or holes in it anywere the bike is 1999 t reg and how do i check the crank seals iv read about spraying carb cleaner in to the engine casing were stator plate is is this the way to test it and whats ment ro happen also as i said before i have a rubber o ring and washer missing from the mixture screw and im not 100% sure if there is 1 on the idle screw

Yeh" spray behind the flywheel with an excelarent . [ WD/ Brake cleaner/ carb cleaner/ ] while bikes running " if the seal is worn / hard. it will pull excelarent into crankcase, and revs will increase , was the bike unused for a spell , ?

The other seal R/H. pulls gear oil thru [ when worn] and smokes heavily,