Hi guys need some help please :)

Hitchen187
This post is 3703 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It is always hard to diagnose over the interweb so the most common issues are checked first and that allows everyone to know what has been checked.

As with some of the suggestions so far, the normal cause of these symptoms is a blocked pilot jet. Have you checked that the pilot jet is the right size? I am guessing but have you cleaned the needle jet and set the float height correctly? As with airhead's comments, the mixture screw (normally small brass slotted) should be 1 1/2 turns out and the larger, often knarled screw should be turned in until you get a decent rollover. My comment on trying it with the fuel.cap off is because ; as it uses fuel, the tank needs to suck in air or you get a vacuum.

So in order of things to try - in my opinion;

Fuel cap off

Take off the carb check the jets again for cleanliness and sizes and reassemble checking the float height. Ideally I would also carb clean all of the carb passageways by either using a carb cleaner or boiling in an old saucepan. I would also check the floats for holes.

Reset the carb as per previous advice.

If possible put a new spark plug in it and check the plug cap for tightness.

Further to that I would also look at the airbox. Is it running a standard airbox and filter? Is the airbox clean? Is the filter clear and oiled?

That should keep you busy for a while.

Yeah i no what you mean its hard without seeing the problem but up to now The jet is defiantly clean iv blastedcarb cleaner through all holes were jets fit in the float has no holes init iv checked that and its fitted in correctly with the rocket valve so im assuming thats set correctly as i dnt no how to adjust it lol but the air filter is a pipercross filter though not a standard 1 this was in the bike wen i got it but i will clean it out and work through this list and get back to you cheers guys

Yeah iv cleaned petrol tap out and fuel tank think there was a blockage in tap but its cleared now but previous owner has screwed furring bolts through tank like an idiot so im just in process of repairing the holes also im going to clean air filter today and the air box hopefully have it built up today to test it out

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys finally got my fuel tank back from being repaired had to get it welded up hopefully get it back in tomorrow so ill update you when iv finally started it fingers crossed its all good now

Hiya guys just been out on the bike it rides ok if i potter abour but if i hit powerband and come to stop bike cuts out and only starts with choke on any ideas were to go from this please

Iv tried that but same thing happens its still bogging out with choke off it when engines warm its fine to ride if i dont hit piwerband iv also noticed that the jet were the the rev cable needle goes has scratch marks on top of it like something or the previous owner has damaged it do you think it would be a good idea to change the jets and what are the standard size if you no please

Iv had all the jets out and cleaned thoroughly but iv noticed the 1 were the throttle needle goes in has abit of damage on top of it would it be worth changing and should i adjust the jet needle position read that could be a problem

Another quick 1 guys the engine stays at the same idle speed with choke on or off

Then you havent cleaned the carb properly and the choke circut is pluged

Ok your making this difficult you have to many different post about this running problem.

Copy and past them all into 1 thread to follow and keep it as 1,trying to follow and narrow down the problem the way you jump around is like a retard in a room full of bouncey balls,oo look there's one oh a blue one no a red one, I like yellow???

Not saying your a retard but to fix a problem of any kind you need a methodic way of eliminating the varriables and come to a finnal conclusion.First you were on about reeds and now your jumping at straws about a leak in the top of the carb

• Like 3