SR125 SE sprocket and chain change

never too old to ride
This post is 3759 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I need to replace chain and sprockets after a chain break. I was thinking I might fit a 16 tooth sprocket on the front for more top end speed. Does anyone know if this will fit in the sprocket cover without fouling, how many links would I need in the chain, and would the loss in acceleration be that noticeable. Any help/advice would be appreciated :eusa_think:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

2 more teeth equates to 14% increase in top speed and of course with a little 125 you will notice a bit less pulling power, it should go behind the casing ok though but you may struggle against a headwind / hill etc, or you could play safe and go for just 1 tooth more than you have right now...It's your call really

I'm almost ready for sprocket and chain change myself - I only have one more notch left to tighten it all up! I was thinking about changing the rear for one with less teeth - again to increase the top end. Also in flat lands (Essex) Airhead so not too worried about accelerating up too many hills!

If you do change the number of teeth I'd be interested in how much difference you notice. Cheers!

I'm almost ready for sprocket and chain change myself - I only have one more notch left to tighten it all up! I was thinking about changing the rear for one with less teeth - again to increase the top end. Also in flat lands (Essex) Airhead so not too worried about accelerating up too many hills!

If you do change the number of teeth I'd be interested in how much difference you notice. Cheers!

one less tooth on the back wil make sod all difference Anrew, better to add one to the front

Cool! Cheers for that. I saw one on eBay with 4 or 5 less teeth. I'll keep an eye out for front ones with a couple more. That's why I joined this forum. Always someone who knows what they're talking about! Happy New Year y'all

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online