XJ6S Auxiliary light

MikeV
This post is 3749 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

I've got a quick and stupid question:

My Auxiliary light bulb popped the other day. I've checked the handbook for detail of how to replace it, but it doesn't give anything constructive.

The big question is, once I've got the cowling off, how the buggery do I get the old bulb out? I've had a fiddle but no joy thus far.
Any help gratefully received.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just had a look on the Yamaha UK site and downloaded an owners manual and as you say all it say's is " If the auxilliary light does not come on, have a Yamaha dealer check the electrical circuit or replace the bulb". Which isn't a lot of help. Looking at the parts catalogue it looks like the bulb holder just pushes into the back of the headlamp cowl but not sure how easy it is to get to. Have you got a dealer near to you who you could ask ?

There's usually 2 wires that run to the side light, follow those up to the headlight and there you should see where the wires go into the headlight if it's like most of them you either pull or twist the light holder out and remove the bulb then reverse it to replace it back inside, on my XJ and FJ they are just a plastic cup shaped thingy that push fits to hold it in place. Not worked on one of your type of bikes so that's my best guess.

Not sure what lamp type it is youve got or if it comes out back or front. If its front, you can use something like this, it just pushes onto the top of the lamp, twist and pull. You can make your own dead easy with a short piece of flexible tubing

http://uk.farnell.com/dialight/506-0045/bulb-installion-removal-tool/dp/1193351

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online