Who needs brakes?

WelshOne
This post is 3784 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Turns out I do!

Went to change the rear pads today, only to find both pistons seized in the rear caliper, and a lovely stress fracture running through the entire thing so I've had to bin it grrrr.

Issue now is I can't find another one to replace it with, and I'm not buying from the states as I'm UK based and would pay through the odds thanks to our lovely Government.

Anyone have any idea what caliper would fit a 98 XJ600S?

Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Moved to the correct section.

There should be quite a few around in the UK as this was/is a popular bike. There are some good bargains to be had in buying from the states.

Cheers for moving to correct section.

I've seen plenty for sale, but not that many being broken and it seems like the rear calipers are like gold .... They get snapped up extremely quickly.

If I were to order from the states it's the charge customs would place on top of the item that is concerning my slightly, as i've never ordered from abroad either.

Cheers for moving to correct section.

If I were to order from the states it's the charge customs would place on top of the item that is concerning my slightly, as i've never ordered from abroad either.

I have never had any problem buy from the states. Just calculate the costs in case you need to pay customs etc.

Best to look at German and French fleabay forst. Use google translator if you need to.

These any good?

http://www.ebay.de/itm/XJ-600-51J-Bremssattel-Bremszange-Hauptbremszylinder-Bremsanlage-HINTEN-brake-/221299438934?pt=DE_Motorradteile&hash=item3386797556

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Yamaha-XJ-600-Diversion-Bremzange-hinten-rear-brake-caliper-/370943992922?pt=DE_Motorradteile&hash=item565dfc245a

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online