Adventure time...!

bippo
This post is 3753 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Yay, Cornwall is great for biking!

If I'd known you were headed down that way, I'd have recommended the campsite at Colliford Lake - Biker friendly and excellent facilities!

Interestingly, I also slipped over in Cornish mud, just as you did. Must be something in the soil! :lol:

That'll be good to know for the future Tasky, always looking to stay at other places and will be going to Cormwall again next year (when it isn't muddy!!).

I stayed at a bike friendly campsite in Trevellas - near Perranporth. Blue Hills it's called. Stayed there before and they are really nice folk - bikers themselves.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well done.

Apparently, the technique for lifting a fallen bike is;

back to the bike

down on your haunches

one hand on the uppermost bar

tuther under the seat or similar

straighten legs, and up goes bike

never had to try it though

Is that how you lifted it?

Similar (eventually...!!) but I held the handlebar closest to the ground. The bike is quite long. It has plenty of places to grab, but found it difficult for me to reach some of them!

It really wasn't easy for me and don't wish to attempt it again any time soon!

Tank bag must have been handy by stopping moist crotch. Lol

That's a beautiful part of the country.

The Tiger is a lot of bike to lift, I know some blokes who'd have trouble so you should be proud you managed it on your own. Glad there was no damage.

Well done Bippo, you should get an MBE for that (Mrs Bippos Expedition)

Similar (eventually...!!) but I held the handlebar closest to the ground. The bike is quite long. It has plenty of places to grab, but found it difficult for me to reach some of them!

It really wasn't easy for me and don't wish to attempt it again any time soon!

Oopps, my mistake, thats what I meant

Thanks Paul!

I have tomorrow off too thankfully, but yes back to the mundane routine on Tuesday.

I know - it wasn't easy - took me a while, and I did have to calm down and psych myself up. I have a photo on my iPad which I'll dig out - it looks like a baby elephant on the floor, ha ha! You'll also notice some ROK straps attached to it in one of my many attempts to pull it up when lifting wasn't working. If anyone was watching I'm sure it would have been quite a sight, ha ha! :hah:

There's no denying it - I was shaky when I got on the bike the next day, I just kept thinking about whether I'd be able to lift it again if I was to drop it again. Not a good mindset to have if I'm honest, but I shook that off after 30 miles or so.

It's all a learning curve - a well worthwhile trip if I'm honest.

Time to start lifting weights! :D lol

Glad you had a nice safe trip otherwise, sounds like a blast! There's a foot of snow on the ground here right now....so my dreams of riding are put away until Springtime...

Great adventure Bippo. Now that I have a mechanically sound machine and total confidence I am going to be going on some adventures in the new year. I will be definitely going to Squires for some meets. I have just wasted this summer. I was that depressed about all the fuck ups that I nearly lost all of my passion for biking.

my hat goes off to you bips .

i wouldn't do it in the car never mind on my bike in winter. good on you girl...

ride safe ..

oh ? and put your side stand down a bit quicker next time.. :spin2:

Thanks everyone. And Kev - you're quite right, what a rookie drop, ha ha!

Grouch, definitely get on it next year, no excuse now. I enjoyed travelling about on my 125, it makes for good adventures! 450 miles for one trip on my YBR, and I think Andrew Elvis did an even more ridiculous amount on his SR for this years Squires trip.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online