Someone using a vest with MOLLE and pouches?

X_FISH
This post is 3783 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I hope the bar is the right place for this thread.

I have got four jackets and several trousers as safety gear. Somehow the mastermind behind those clothes does not have a key to his house and he always pays using credit cards.

Why I assume that? Because there is no pocket in the pants (or it's so small even a pocket watch would fall out) and/or the jacket lacks a for my wallet.

So, I always have to do the same: Remove the bench, but the wallet there, but the bench back on the bike. Short stop for fuel, sth. to eat -> same procedure again.

I am not the only one with that (tiny) problem, so someone in a german bulletin board posted his solution:

He is using a military leg hoster (bought as »UK osprey mk 3 drop leg holster«) with an attached pouch. It is being attached using the MOLLE system.

My first thought: Why not using a vest with MOLLE straps? Searching for sth. like that, I have found a lot of »load carrying vests«, »tactical vests« and some »osprey vests«.

The osprey vest (mk 1 to mk 3) are inexpensive and the mk 2 and mk 3 models are at sale ~£25 to £35 (over here in germany).

Is someone using an osprey vest like those (mk 3/mk 3) or a similar load carrying vest while riding?

Greetings, Martin

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Not a problem for me as my leather jacket has pockets on the out side and two inside.

Plus my flak jacket from the Mob stays at Home with all the rest of my gear as it means too much to me for it to get nicked or wrecked.

Would also do the job - and include a protector.

Never saw that model in any onlinshop or store so far. I will keep my eyes open. Found a review (in english) (while searching for offers with the german google...).

-> http://www.webbikeworld.com/r4/spidi-h1-reflective-vest/

This is another solution with the leg pouch (non military variant):

908223_detailzg.png

-> http://katalog.buese.com/index.php?page=product&info=2178

Greetings, Martin

Don't know about the rest of you but my jacket has about 8 pockets in it, up the sleeves in the front and one huge one in the middle at the back, I use the Bering ODDYSEE jacket costs about £300 and needs none of the things your talking about. And that leg thing is well to be honest a bit g__ !! like something out of the VILLAGE PEOPLE !!!

FFS. I'm just wondering where this thread is going.

Is it that difficult to just get on your bike and have to worry about where you're going to put your make up and lippy etc?

All bike jackets have pockets, if not wear my pet hate, A BUM BAG

As for X_FISH (silly name) post # 4 who are you trying to look like? John Wayne in Afghanistan?

• Like 1

I have seven on the Frank Thomas jacket (3 out, 4 in) and five on the Halvarssons trousers (2 hip, 2 rear, 1 thigh).

I always loved my webbing but of course it's awkward to manage full CEFO on and off the bike, so among my gear I have a Maxpedition Thermite Versipack:

http://www.ee33.co.uk/product.asp?strParents=0&CAT_ID=0&P_ID=487&strPageHistory=search&numSearchStartRecord=1

That shop does some nice kit overall.

whats wrong with a backpack? thats what i use if i need to carry stuff like waterproofs or shopping, mine has a clip between the two shoulder straps so it won't slide of your shoulders- like this:

akt_jr2_chest.jpg

Also for the love of god, PLEASE don't wear a bumbag (fanny pack). those things are LAME!

I have so many pockets I can never find where I put things usually I find I left my wallet in my jeans under my bike gear and have to do a part strip in the petrol station :crazy:

whats wrong with a backpack?

Got two or three of them, too!!

I like the old patrol pack that you can zip the rocket packs onto as well - MOAR CARRYING OF STUFFS!! :D

X-Fish I must thank you. Went to look at how many pockets I had on my jacket (5 if you must know) and I found £15 in the inside pocket.

Cheers mate!

I have a Nitro jacket with 8 outside pockets and 2 inside pockets. All big enough to take wallet, phone or anything else I need to put in them.

Forgot to mention, I also have a 'waist-pack' (kinda like a bum bag, but with pockets and pouches all the way around) from Hein Gericke. That has a map pocket, MP3 player pouch, tool roll and a bunch of other bike-specific gubbins. Designed for one-piece wearers who can't get more than a £2 coin into their pockets, I think...

I think the big draw to these sorts of things is that leathers and half of textiles are rarely waterproof, or even resistant, whereas these pouches are.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online