Yamaha YBR 125 - Will not start

PHILnFINGERS
This post is 3702 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello,

I have a 2008 Yamaha YBR 125 motorcycle which is causing me headaches as it will not start. The bike initially would start in neutral but as soon as it was put into gear the bike stopped running, & now it will not start at all whether it be neutral or in gear. I have replaced the side stand switch, the CDI & ignition coil, but nothing has help to resolve the issue. With this in mind I would, I would very much appreciate if anyone could suggest anything else that I could try in resolving the problem please.

Kind regards with thanks

Phil

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Have you checked the wiring (with a multimeter)? Maybe the switch is not the problem.

Greetings, Martin

Heya, Id double check the sidestand switch before totally ruling it out. Replaced it with a brand new one? Its nearly always the sidestand switch! If its not that then yeh check if its the clutch switch. Edited by DDT.

• 5 weeks later...

Is the problem still persisting? Does the neutral light show? Tried starting with the clutch pulled in and the sidestand up? Does the engine turn over when trying to start? Lastly, do you get an error code on the engine management light (series of long and short flashes) or just fast flashes? The latter would indicate the sidestand/neutral/clutch switches or circuit being faulty.

Could be netural switch or sidestand switch - or (and don't forget) the wiring for each of these! There's a checklist to go through to test these in the YBR manual so have a quick look, let us know if it's been resolved!

• 1 month later...

Hi guys forgive me for hijacking the thread but the op doesn't seem to be coming back and i have a similar problem with my ybr 125 07.

So i will try to be as thorough as possible, a few days back i went to start my bike after standing in my shed for a week and there was nothing no power at all when turning the key. Upon inspection i ruled out the fuse, battery, side stand cutoff etc, but the red + wire after the starter solenoid (i assume leads directly to the ignition barrel with a connector behind the headlight) wasn't registering anything on a multimeter i rewired some cable as a direct replacement after the starter solenoid where the spade connector fits in to the fuse box, then straight to the red wire connector behind the headlamp (leads to ignition) and voila the power came back on lights, horn even the electric start tries to turn it over.

But now i am getting an error 33 (3 slow 3 fast flashes) which according to haynes is an ignition fault... I don't want to start buying coils and ecu/cdi units without trying to narrow it down first, so any ideas or if there is a common cause to this error?

I should also mention that the indicators are not flashing when flicked on (they did work prior to this though) instead if i indicate right the front right comes on solid but not the rear right and the left only the rear comes on again solid and not the front :eusa_doh: is this a simple warning from the bike that there is a fault or is this another fault i should be looking at?

Lastly that red wire that i replaced ( the only one that comes out of the fusebox) do any ybr riders know if that goes straight to the ignition connector or does it branch off somewhere between ie off to the ecu/cdi or some such (perhaps that would explain both problems)? Cheers for any and all replies.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online