cleaning motorbikes!!

joe.b
This post is 3789 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

just wondering if its advised or not to clean a motorbike with a power washer?

I ask because I know its not advisable to power wash a mountain bike because it strips all the lubricants off the bike etc..

(something ive learn the hard way)

is it the same with motorbikes??

will a soft sponge and soapy water suffice?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

yep, same with motorbikes, especially the wheel bearings.

use muckoff and a normal hose

• Like 1

Hard graft : soapy wash - rinse - shammy - let dry - polish (several products chrome, paintwork & aluminium if applic. cleaner compound + wax) - grazed knuckles/fingers/lower arms - torn fingernails and a plentiful supply of .......................................... 4 letter words if tha kids or swmbo are not around. :eusa_whistle:

Clea-ning?... :eusa_think:

isnt that more of a womans thing?

Excuse me ...... you were implying what again ...... ??

Just that word... clean-ning... like with soap and water yes?, i cant say i have ever heard of that word... let alone in conjunction with my bikes, usually it gets a wash down if i get caught in a downpour (which for me was on the way to squires this year!), and a spray up with chain lube/ACF50 before i go out on a ride.

Having said that, the last time i got on a bike was to go to the squires meet :(

Having said that, the last time i got on a bike was to go to the squires meet :(

tut tut Mr Foams. weather's been really good up to today

Be like me give the bike a yearly wipe over with an oily rag.

I am not sure a bike needs to be cleaned that regularly. I do agree with the oily rag though!
  • Like 1

Clea-ning?... :eusa_think:

isnt that more of a womans thing?

There it is. That 'cleaning your bike' thing again. Isn't that just for Harley owners? :eusa_think:

• Like 2

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online