Yamaha XJ6 33bhp restrictor help

liam92
This post is 3768 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi I bought a new XJ6n about 7 weeks ago and had the Yamaha dealer supply and fit a 33bhp ready for me to ride away. When I picked the bike up I asked the question. "Did you take off or change and parts to restrict the bike so when it comes round to unrestricting the bike I have all the parts and come do it myself". I was told no it's just a plate the screws on to the throttle body that stops the throttle, just unscrew the 2 screws and remove the plat.

I thought I would have a look as it booked in for this first service this Saturday, and found that this plate not only is a throttle stop but also holds the cables. When removed the cables just go baggy as they have nothing to pull against. So they must have removed the standard one with the throttle stop at wide open

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jft4t8r4i06r9qv/20131110_133736.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

just ask them for it - did they not put the original in the handbook?

failing that just file the stop off when the time comes.

enjoy your XJ6.

btw get over to the introductions and introduce yourself properly, it's good manners.

Ok will do, and its not in the hand book and surely if I file the plate down I will have to try to and get it to stop the throttle then 100% open. Just a lot of hassle. Just wanted to know if someone could tell me if they have differently remove a part and not given it to me

Welcome.

I picked myself up an XJ6 a number of months ago and was given two screws with the docs of the bike - I would chase the dealer for them. I was told they are necessary when the kit comes off.

Johnny

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online