Yamaha XT125 06 Headlight

bgibbon
This post is 3738 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys, new to this forum & fairly new to biking, I've had my XT125 on the road for about a month now & I'm finding that the headlight, even on full beam, is very poor at lighting much of the road, I was just wondering if this is common on the xt125 & if anyone can reccomend a way to brighten the light, I'm not sure if I can put a halogen bulb straight in?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have a 2007 XT125X and I know the problem that you are on about. The problem with these bikes is that the parts available are fairly limited so there is no room for any modifications especially with the wiring loom. The front headlight connection, I know (from experience) is a BA20D which is starting to become more uncommon on motorcycles. I bought a 45/40w halogen light and I've never looked back. Its not brilliant but it is most certainly a marked improvement, on full beam and dipped. They're available from ebay, the item number is 231120828933.

Hi, I have a 2007 XT125X and I know the problem that you are on about. The problem with these bikes is that the parts available are fairly limited so there is no room for any modifications especially with the wiring loom. The front headlight connection, I know (from experience) is a BA20D which is starting to become more uncommon on motorcycles. I bought a 45/40w halogen light and I've never looked back. Its not brilliant but it is most certainly a marked improvement, on full beam and dipped. They're available from ebay, the item number is 231120828933.

After much hassle, I decided to go with an LED spotlight on a separate switch, it's a massive massive improvement, brighter than most car headlights on the road! Thanks to Welshwan for the suggestion!!2nio2ft.jpg

Knew you'd like it,

just make sure you switch it off when you meet a car coming the other way though lol :eusa_whistle:

Unless they have their high/fog lights on when it only rains.....
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It is very satisfying to blind the bastads that forget about they're high beams, I will admit, finally put up some video footage of the light in use as well!! Watch if you wish, recently started my motovlogging channel :)

• Like 1

I improved my SR125 light with a 40/45 bulb. Not as good as the LED you've got though. What wattage LED have you got? I assume its a Cree LED?