suzi rm 250 1998

up.yours
This post is 3680 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

it's bolton this is...

a couple of piccis comming shortly..

I had a row with out butcher the other day when I asked for chipolata sausages.

he wanted to give me tiny things like pigs in blankets.

I wanted long thin sausages and he refused to accept they were chipolatas even sent pictures and an Oxford dictionary description! :crazy:

you two are ignorant ..

here are more piccis the back end..

1661402_1460306427523049_920056402_n_zps

the middle bit,

1796672_1460306410856384_1756814942_n_zp

and the whole thing ? christ knows why he didn't clean it b4 photographing it..

1655978_1460306244189734_690477158_n_zps

on tick over , the revs rise and fall , i,e it ticks for about five revolutions then speeds up for one revolution .ond so on.

any ideas.. plus if you go back to post 40 and have a listen through some stethoscopes, tell me iff it sounds healthy to you or not..og

who's fucking about with my post... :eusa_think:

Edited by up.yours

start drinking :shakeno: (kids eh) and nowt gets done..

Now who does that remind me of... :eusa_think: .

is the coolant in the tank getting hot and is there any evidence of flow?, personally i'd backflush the system with a hose pipe to double check that everything is clear in there, my dads old dodge had a similar problem, would run for a few minutes then brew up and overheat, turns out where it had been parked the antifreeze had gone off and formed a solid plug in the water pump outlet fitting.

assuming thats all clear, water pump housing off and check that impeller, never had much experiance playing with LC systems on bikes so if all those are fine, im out of ideas

cheers foamy,

the radiator has had a pipe put through and all seems to be clear,

i told him to check for any movement in the filler cap but he said their is to much vibration to tell.

also he was under the impression :eusa_think: that the pipes and rad should be cool :crazy: ..

did you listen to the vid..

Post 40 says login to farcebook. I dont do it so I can't see that vid. How much does the rev's go up? How carefully was it reasembled and did they clear all of the piston on an engine split?

It symptoms could be an air leak but it could also be a chunk of piston fighing with the bearings in the crank.

I thought it might be an air leak. Where is the most likely place to look . As for the re assembly . Well ?

Blimey Kev, you know how it was reassembled......It is a large single 2 stroke so it is never going to run like a 4 potter.

Try the WD40 trick around everywhere when the bike is running. The engine speed will change where the leak is. Has it been torqued down correctly? Is the head warped? Did they use new gaskets? then the usual rubber to the carb.

well I watched the video and it sound normal enough to me,though as soon as he turned the choke off it stalled so carb is not set up right.Also willing to bet they didnt fully inspect /clean the carb

5 min of running sitting in 1 spot and it is going to get realy hot thats normal,how hot are we talking? Get him to hit it with a non contact temp gun and check the temps of the rad and barrel and head.

You didn't mention if its forcing coolant out of the expansion bottle if it is then I would be looking at head and head gasket mating surfaces for scratches/warp/crack. I've seen lots of heads with the smallest scratch between the bore and coolant jacket cause the coolant to become pressurised.Also check the rad cap to see if it can hold pressure.

don't be awfull, he's only a kid,

we all had to start somewhere ..

:eusa_think: he just doesn't listen to the right people though..

on tick over , the revs rise and fall , i,e it ticks for about five revolutions then speeds up for one revolution .ond so on.

any ideas.. plus if you go back to post 40 and have a listen through some stethoscopes, tell me iff it sounds healthy to you or not..og

who's fucking about with my post... :eusa_think:

When the revs rise and fall without any throttle input - you have an air leak. Air leak means that you have a lean condition. Lean means that you don't have enough fuel to cool the piston. This will cause heat build up.

A 2 stroke has to be leakdown tested after rebuild. You can never be guaranteed that a rebuild was successful until you know it was sealed properly.

• 3 weeks later...

update, top end off. found to drawing in air , :eusa_think: new gasket fitted , but not torqued down :crazy: as it don't need to be :shakeno:

clutch cover removed side casing and clutch removed, found that the C clip on the impeller shaft was missing ,, retrieved from under bar and re-fit.

we now have movement in the radiator ..

no time to test it as he had to come home for his tea,,, so more next week...

Iv had an rm barrel bored n honed after a ring melted to it it cost me a 10er at a place called mick wilsons engineering but thats in chorley lancashire had bike running fine no problems after it was done

Iv had an rm barrel bored n honed after a ring melted to it it cost me a 10er at a place called mick wilsons engineering but thats in chorley lancashire had bike running fine no problems after it was done

cheers pal i will pass that on when it blows up on him..

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online