Just Joined

ozmadman
This post is 3789 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

When I passed my test in 1971 you could have ridden a 250, any 250!!! on L plates and without a helmet!!! no CBT, and with no riding experience apart from what you gained falling off round the block!!! Just apply for a 6 month provisional (and you could have as many of those as you liked) And, when you did have a test, that was a joke as well!!!

Paul

Lol. If only I was born before '76! They say you should only regret what you have not done - if only I could turn back time and did my test 20 years ago!

Lol. If only I was born before '76! They say you should only regret what you have not done - if only I could turn back time and did my test 20 years ago!

Don't reckon I could pass it now!!! + it's mega bucks, my first bike a two year old BSA bantam cost me £80 and then my brand new Honda CD175 in 1971 cost £220 mind you I was only earning £10 a week s'pose it's all relative, sold that in 1972 when I passed my car test (that was a LOT more difficult, they were still really tough even back then) and bought an old ford Prefect for a tenner!! ha ha !!

Paul

??? Not sure what you are saying here?

Paul

Just saying welcome, lots of 2 stroke fans here, stick around, good info too on the aircooledrdclub forum (a few of us here are members there too), my iphone can't spell.

'Worth going to?' Looks like typical iPhone autocorrect! lol

Bloody iphones!!!!

Welcome btw! After being 'drag towed' by a 2 stroke earlier this year seriously thinking about getting one myself (after I get rid of the L plates)!

That must have been me then! I have 3 in the garden if you want one. Just bring lots of cash Andrew!!!
  • Like 1

:welcome:

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your kind welcomes, really feel at home. Cheque should be cleared soon and then I can get the bike, anyone know a good cheap bike courier or maybe I can just hire a van and pick it up myself? BTW will I have to replace those rear red indicator lenses for a UK M.O.T??

Thanks Paul

Welcome to the forum. I might be wrong but i would say you would have to change them to ether clear, with orange bulbs or orange with clear bulbs. If you do pick it up in the van, make sure you put it into 1st, cable tie the frint brake on and have it tied up very very securely - would be a shame to see her get scratched. Like you i also like the old british bikes. What kinda bantam did you have? i have the 175cc, also have a B40. Formally my old mans bikes. we also have a Winged wheel, and a couple of famous james' that will be restored soon. As for the big brits, he used to have a triumph trident T150V. think they are gettting harder to find now, was a lovely bike.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum mate. Lovely looking wee bike

• Like 1

Like you i also like the old british bikes. What kinda bantam did you have? i have the 175cc, also have a B40. Formally my old mans bikes. we also have a Winged wheel, and a couple of famous james' that will be restored soon. As for the big brits, he used to have a triumph trident T150V. think they are gettting harder to find now, was a lovely bike.

Thanks for the tips, My Bantam was a 1968 (F) D10 175cc just before the D14/4 came out, like lots of things in hindsight, I should have kept it... A trident was sold on Ebay recently, think it went for just under 5K but I have seen them go for a lot more than that.

Paul

I passed my test in 79 on some little Honda 50 thingy cos my 125 broke down day before test, dead easy in those days then went straight round to my mates place and bought his 650 BSA golden flash.

Bike is coming tomorrow!!! can't wait!!

Ha like being kids again eh,,,, :doggy: This one of the reasons i got back into bikes,,, Excitement ,, :elephant:

Enjoy,,,, :yeah:

• Like 1

Hi

Does anyone know any insurance companies who will insure an unregistered bike on frame number alone?

Problems I am having..

1) Most insurers won't.. full stop..

2) Footman James won't insure as I do not keep it in a locked garage overnight.

3) Carole Nash will without a garage but all the D.V.L.A stuff has to be completed and a new reg number has to be provided within 30 days or the policy is cancelled and I will be charged the relevant fees for this.. The only way to avoid this is to have it in a garage and they can provide "storage insurance" until the bike is registered.

Does anyone know how long the D.V.L.A takes do do such things given they have all the correct docs

Also.. to add.. the bike needs some work so cannot be M.O.t'd yet and probably won't be until spring next year so because of the above issues it will be uninsured and outside (albeit shackled to the wall) unless anyone has an answer??

Sorry, finally to add... can you ride an insured bike (insured on frame number) to a MOT test station(pre-booked) with no tax, no registration and no number plate?? can't seem to find a definite answer on this as some say yes and others say no..maybe I will just ring the cops

Thanks Paul

Paul " carol nash insured my Z900 on frame nmbr fully comp , for 30 days,,,if not issued with a reg , the cover dropped to 3rd pft.

i took 50 days ,,,then foned and they added it to my fleet policy, no charge,, :yeah:

You need to trailer to M.O.T. station ,, if no plate , :fingerwave: