am back...

beef
This post is 3773 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey guys, been awol for a few weeks as I have:

A- had no lap top due to the mrs smashing the screen by knocking the laptop off the arm of the chair.

B- getting paralysed playing rugby.

C- having some shit with the guy who was doing the work to my frame.

but.

A- laptop is now fixed.

B- I am now 95% fixed

C- I have got my stuff back and am in the process of sorting some one else to do my frame.

so what have I missed?

beef

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

also Grouch is back and drewpy's changed his name to :hah: Mandy

:eusa_snooty: never mind Tommy, he delirious wining two competitions in as many months.

welcome back Beef

We also thing Foamy and Bippo might be having a forum love affair :babyha:

Foamy is like this :eusa_drool:

And Bippo is like this :icon_redface1:

Hope you return to 100 % fixed

Hey Beef

What happened at the rugby...Did the scrum collapse

we had a penalty five metres out, I took it quickly and was going in to score and as I was at about knee level I got hit or kneed in the head. that was it, all feeling and movement gone. could not move at all, could not even spit my gum shield out. was as if some one had turned the power off.

I lay there shouting for help but no words were coming out of my mouth and as the play moved on one of the opposition realised I was in trouble. he dropped to the floor and helped me. turned out he was a spinal nurse from Salford hospital.

a second opposition player then joined in to help and he was a staff nurse at the MRI, the physio was called over and the three of them supported me and looked after me until the ambulance appeared.

I was strapped to a back board and taken to a+e. had CT scans and x-rays and after about an hour my legs and arms started to work again.

by 9 pm I was given the all clear and sent home. very sore and stiff, felt like I was walking on ice but sort of floating at the same time.

have still got a pins and needles type sensation in my right leg and very little feeling in both feet. had blood tests last week to see if its a chemical in-balance caused by the injury and if nothing shows up it will be a case of physio and tests to try and find out what it is. go back Friday to see the doc again

Good gawd man! That sounds like an absolute nightmare! Glad you can move again and hope they get it sorted ASAP. You've had a CT scan on your neck then? I'd be worried your spine is getting pinched.

Hey Beef, glad you're back, I had wondered.

Sorry to hear about your rugby accident, must have been pretty scary.

I *might* get to meet you at the toy run if you're going. I might be, although not sure yet.

yeah it was scary, worst few hours of my life.

be a crappy few weeks, what with the after effects of the injury and whats happened with the bike, but got the docs in the morning for results of latest test and then going seeing a guy about my frame.

an bippo get to the toy run, make them few hours free you will enjoy it. I will deffo be there no matter what, faired red cx500 with offensive sticker on wind screen :babyha:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online