need a caliper with 100mm spacing what bike?

dan28
This post is 3690 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

the fzr forks that I m using run a twin caliper setup an it weighs a tonne

I d like to remove the calipers an fit just one that is smaller an lighter what other yamahas have calipers that have holes that are 100mm centre to centre?

I ve tried a dt caliper but the spacing is 80mm

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I made my own plate for the tracker. fab it using ply or whatever and copy onto 6mm dural and use a hacksaw and drill.

simples

• Like 1

Do they have blue or gold spot calipers from the R1 etc fitted they are 100 m spacing , if yo wanna know the weight of 1 i can weigh on for ya , i have on e on the TDR

I made my own plate for the tracker. fab it using ply or whatever and copy onto 6mm dural and use a hacksaw and drill.

simples

don't think I can make one from some plate the dt caliper is 80mm so it would be 10mm longer at each end when the m6 hole is drilled there would only be 2mm each side of the hole

can you put a pic up yours drewpy?

Do they have blue or gold spot calipers from the R1 etc fitted they are 100 m spacing , if yo wanna know the weight of 1 i can weigh on for ya , i have on e on the TDR

erm neither

they are from an early fzr with fazer an x up parts mish mash I will ad a pic tmorrow

out of interest how much does one weigh

there must be some mx bikes out there with a 100mm spaced light weight caliper

don't think I can make one from some plate the dt caliper is 80mm so it would be 10mm longer at each end when the m6 hole is drilled there would only be 2mm each side of the hole

can you put a pic up yours drewpy?

I didn't say i have the same bike, just how to make a bracket

click on the xs400 link in the sig, shows how I did it

just found my caliper on ebay seems to be from an fj1200

those blue spots work as a pair don't they

if I fit one the master cylinder will push too much fluid in / not enough if I fit a smaller mc ?

its to do with the bore size of the master cyl.

smaller bore less fluid pushed but a softer brake and may pull to handle bars

larger bore, more fluid but harder feel

Virtually all big yams (600+cc) made after the mid 90s have calipers with 100mm spacing, apart from stuff with radial calipers.

Beware that yam changed the master cylinder size around 98 for new models and if you put blue spots, gold spots, silver spots on you need to change the master cylinder too or it is as wooden as hell.

its to do with the bore size of the master cyl.

smaller bore less fluid pushed but a softer brake and may pull to handle bars

larger bore, more fluid but harder feel

what I meant was the blue spots are a twin caliper setup so they have a big enough master cylinder to feed both calipers

I d like to fit just one caliper theres no need for a twin setup on this bike

if I fitted a blue spot caliper with its intended master cylinder then suely the mc would push too much fluid as its designed to work with two calipers

what I meant was the blue spots are a twin caliper setup so they have a big enough master cylinder to feed both calipers

I d like to fit just one caliper theres no need for a twin setup on this bike

if I fitted a blue spot caliper with its intended master cylinder then suely the mc would push too much fluid as its designed to work with two calipers

it doesn't work like that; one caliper with the correct m/c will be fine; but they need to matched, as anotated by Drewpy.

• 2 months later...

4 pot calipers have 100mm spacing

2 pot have 75mm

or so it seems I cant find a 2 pot in 100mm spacing

your reading to much into it, get a four pot and match the mc to it. It'll work wether you use 1 caliper or 2 either side.

Match up the MC bore, TDR's MC bore size will work as it uses 1 caliper.

why not go the whole hog and use the disk too

I wanted to replace the heavy 4 pot with a nice light 2 pot caliper

The bikes only a 125 there is no need for 4 pot caliper s

Is it possible to get 2 pots with 100 mm spacing

I have get a 2 pot caliper in the garage from a suzi 125.

I'll have a look but doubt it would be what you wanted.

you can never have too much front brake ;)