need a caliper with 100mm spacing what bike?

dan28
This post is 3716 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Youv'e mentioned about the caliper and the distance of the mounting holes for the forks, but another thing to consider is the size of the disc the caliper sits on. when I converted to take a twin pot Brembo caliper on to a 305mm Disc, I made my bracket to suit, the Brembo caliper bracket I made for the DTR forks needed 70mm spacing between holes but surely you can make your bracket to go to 100mm hole spaces?

IMG_0523.jpg

IMG_0518-1.jpg

Plus if you really want a 4 pot caliper, which in my opinion is over egging the pudding somewhat for a 125 bike, you can use an RS Aprilia 4 pot caliper using this set up

I can't make my mount 100mm there is not enough metal on the bracket

I don't want a 4 pot I want to run a 2 pot it will be lighter ( the fzr four pots that are on now weigh a tonne

An as you say 4 pots are an overkill for a 125 especially the twin setup that is fitted at the moment

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online