Wiring problem !

Sly21
This post is 3809 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello,

I need some help or advise about my wiring on my 2002 Yamaha dt125 !

Iv not long had the bike and not to great with wiring but my back light , break light and number plate light only works if bikes in neutral :s

Soon as I put it into gear they all go out but still got headlight !

Any1 on here had same problem ?

ANy help would be great as bit dodger riding though country lanes in the dark with no rear lights haha

Cheers Stuart

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Stuart, just a quick word of advice mate, it's best to do an "INTRO" before you ask a question, just polite to say Hello before you ask strangers for help. Look in new members section. WELCOME to the YOC :wavey:

Hi Stuart,

I unfortunately have no experience with this fault or the bike, however I would start by checking the ground cable from the wiring loom going to the light unit.

A quick physical check and 'beep' test if you have a multi-meter handy.

Johnny.

I would also agree , check for the earth wire near the back light , the neutral light only works by supplying an earth to a peg on the drum selector.

Do the indicators work and the horn, has there anybody had there sticky fingers inside the headlight or has there been some bodged wiring.

All the wires are colour coded so light green / blue on the neutral wire could end up getting swapped to green on the rear light depending were

the wires are located.

Just a thought.

TTB

• Like 1

Hi guys

Thank you the advise I will have a look at the earth wire near the back light tomoz :)

Horn works but indicators don't as I haven't got any on my bike ( I arm signal ) , yea the headlight been tampered with and now have no headlight eaither but that's down to bulb blown but still got side light n main beam

Yea the wiring has been chopped n bodged badly ( my previous owner ) cut wires here n there , some taped up !!

But it's only been last couple of days that this proplem has started happening

Cheers evey1 :)