"Engine Restore" in a can

feliks
This post is 3813 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

This is a duplicate post - I also posted in my build thread but I wanted to put it up here too and report as time goes on if this stuff actually works or not.

ch-restore-oil-engine-restorer-lubricant

Did the "Engine Restore" treatment to the bike today. She goes through about half a quart of oil every 200kms...which is pretty excessive, and I don't really want to tear the engine apart to do rings or anything but if I have to I will....but I figured I'd give this stuff a shot first.

I followed the instructions for wet-clutch 4 stroke motorcycles, which I have...and that was:

1. Pull all 4spark plugs
  2. Used a turkey baster to insert about a teaspoon of "Engine Restore" into the spark plug holes
  3. Put the bike in 6th gear and rolled it forward for about 50m (just pulled the clutch in and rolled back, let the clutch out and slowly pushed the bike forward) - this is to coat the cylinder walls with the restore stuff
  4. Put spark plugs back in
  5. Pull bike outside
  6. Put it in neutral and start it up! Let it idle for a few minutes and then take it for a ride, there was quite a bit of smoke, which I expected, and that subsided after about 5 minutes of riding

Right away I can feel an improvement in throttle response and idle smoothness. Time will tell if this stuff works. I'll let you guys know how it goes!

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just make sure not to put it in your oil if you have a wet clutch, I'm glad I read that before I used the stuff. Always helps to do your research!