blowing headlight bulbs sr125

This post is 3817 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I am on my 3rd headlight bulb in the space of 6 weeks the last one lasted 3 days of use I have had the bike for a little over18 months with no problem with them until recently, the only thing that has changed is I am now doing 80 miles most days for work. The bike is unfortunately kept outside and was wondering if it could be a water problem. Any one else had this problem or any ideas

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

What year is yours? Mines a '94 on standard bulbs. I had a similar problem. I checked all earthing points (removed, cleaned off corrosion etc) and also the bulb connections. These were wet but couldn't see evidence of bad earth. At the same time I also tried a higher rated bulb. I now use 40/45w and although they don't last as long as the car bulbs, seem to be behaving better. I've changed mine only twice in 7 months, last time a month ago. I only do about 15 miles a day and I know vibrations on the SR don't help bulb life!

If you search on here for SR125 bulbs you'll find my questions with a few tips from more experienced riders than myself!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online