Dt125r bogging at 6k revs help please?

Dt rich
This post is 3757 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So today I cleaned out the petrol tank and fuel filters. Cleaned all electrical connectors. Took off the exhaust and checked pv position. All ok. Took it for a ride and still doing the same (Riding rough at 7k revs) It was however going higher but very slowly and it was surging. When I drop a gear to keep speed up it just slows right down to 7k.

I stopped to rev in neutral and at 7k revs on about half throttle it was revving up to 10.5k on its own, without moving the throttle!? Is that too much air or too much fuel? Also when riding the exhaust isn't as loud/high pitched as it was before this problem. Couldn't find any blockages when I had the exhaust off.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An engine will redline in neutral with a just whiff of fuel. underload" it needs lots, so i think its fuel starvation,,

That 10.5 k rev on its own, sounds like throttle cable or slide sticking,,,

Exactly same symptoms and mine just need a iridium plug bloody annoying isn't it try what blackhat said and check all your cables and throttle slide. Also wen u say it was surging whilst u was rideing u mean picking up then power dropping off but not fully if so keep it surging and go up the gears it will keep doing it u need a long straight road and it might clear it as mine did exactly what I just explaind an once I got it clearing it was fine hope that makes sense to you

Right good news, I've finally sorted it out. Did a bit more digging and reading and realised that although my power valve was working it wasn't sitting flush in the exhaust post. A 180 degree flip of the power valve and I'm back up and running full power. So pleased. The guy who did my piston re-bore must of put it in the wrong way round. Grrr well annoying.

Anyways thanks for all the help guys.

Cheers n Gone

Right good news, I've finally sorted it out. Did a bit more digging and reading and realised that although my power valve was working it wasn't sitting flush in the exhaust post. A 180 degree flip of the power valve and I'm back up and running full power. So pleased. The guy who did my piston re-bore must of put it in the wrong way round. Grrr well annoying.

Anyways thanks for all the help guys.

Cheers n Gone

Kooshty done in time for the weekend u can go have some fun now lol he may have done that so u don't go blowing the top end straight away but could have told you

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online