Pre-Div XJ600 Handle Bars/Top Yoke Question

Jackstar
This post is 3798 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

new to this forum & need some help. I want to change my fixed handle bars with the type that can be clamped on so I need to change the top yoke. Ive heard that an old FZ600 top yoke would fit, can any one confirm my measurements or suggest anything else??

If you can imagine the fork holes and centre hole as a T The distance between the centre of the forks (across the top line of the T end to end) is 186mm and the distance between the centre of the top line of the T down to the centre of the centre hole is 35mm

Make sense? :ssst: Fork diameter is 35mm

Any help would be apprciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Your xj and the yx600 share a lot of common parts. Your engine/frame/wheels etc all look the same as the ones on my yx. I've just checked the dims on my yoke, the centre to centre distances are the same, however my forks clock up at 36mm dia(with a digital caliper). Please double check yours

Thanks for that, my forks could be 36mm ( I don't have a micrometer just a tape measure!!) Yes I later kinda found out that the XY600 Radian is very similar, I've ordered a yoke from US on ebay, I think it'll fit... I'm also gonna replace the head bearings at the same time, never done that so hope it's fairly straight forward. Thanks for your input, much appreciated.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online