1973 CT3 175 rebuild. Hopefully.......

earthmover
This post is 3664 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Not sure about you bike but the clutch plates normally have to go in the basket a certain way. 120 degrees rotation with the dimple. So 12 oclock, 4 o'clock and 8 o'clock. There may be a special circular plate that has to be fitted also. As I say, it may not apply to your model but I know it does to many old yami's (including my YA). The plates may be contaminated if the wrong oil has been used or it could just be an adjustment issue.

• 3 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Bet you thought I'd left this languishing in the shed.........

Well actually, there has been an awful lot of other stuff going on, and another addition to the garage over Christmas, but we have progressed.

The exhaust trim rattled, owing to the bolts holding it being stripped or snapped off. Cleaned up and tapped out, 3 out of the 4 were saved, but the 4th needed drilling and an insert.

IMG_9304-M.jpg

I also got some new exhaust rubbers and dampers (as the parts book calls them) so now the exhaust doesn't flop around. New gasket and seal at the manifold as well, to keep the gases where they should be.

IMG_9305-M.jpg

IMG_9307-M.jpg

This where my camera skills let me down again, I'm too busy bolting stuff back together to get the photos!

I took the tyres off both wheels, cleaned the inside of the rims, and replaced two missing spokes in the rear. Cleaned the hubs, took out the bearings and seals and replaced with new, put new brake shoes in, and replaced the tyres with something a little less perished!

IMG_9313-M.jpg

IMG_9314-M.jpg

My plans for the front mudguard didn't pan out. I was hoping to use a spare fork stay from the TY175's to hold the mudguard, but they don't fit these forks. Back to the drawing board.

I will take some better photos at some point, honest!

Mark

Good to see your back on track,, front fenders are a minefield for DTs" and AT"s - Ct"s

• 1 month later...

More pictures, as promised.

IMG_9349-L.jpg

Rolls along much better now!

IMG_9348-L.jpg

Rear wheel now with full compliment of spokes, and smaller sprocket. New sprocket bolts and an o-ring in the cush drive to keep everything nice and tight.

IMG_9347-L.jpg

Found a cable stay off a DT 175 to tidy up the front end, still need to make a decent bracket for the mudguard.

IMG_9346-L.jpg

I also picked up some washers and r-clips for the clocks, which looks a whole lot better than the bent paperclips that were originally holding them on.

Cheers

Mark

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online