YBR 125 Cutting out

demonic
This post is 3807 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Not sure what the problem is, it starts up fine, warms up from ticking over for a bit but the minute I try to drive it off in 1st gear it gets up to about 3k-4k revs then just slowly dies out on me - revs jump up and down a bit before dying out? there has been terribly heavy rain but I dried every cable/battery area etc etc

It usually drives off perfectly fine at 3/4k revs - cold weather/warm weather.

It's been sitting for about 6 days unstarted our untouched but I've left it far longer than this before and it's been fine, it has plenty oil, plenty petrol and seems to be getting enough airflow but it just doesn't want to budge.

I've checked the spark plug and it seems ok too, any ideas what the problem could be? only thing I changed was the bulb to a halogen one but it's still 35/35W so fail to see how that could affect it.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

does the bike have a carburettor?

if so, is there a drain screw at the bottom of the bowl?

maybe theres some water in the bowl, try draining it out a little

It does yes, its the old Carb model but no idea where the screw is to try draining out anything, looking for pics and examples to try what you say but no such luck yet.

It may be worth checking out the HT lead, on my old bike we had bad weather and the HT lead was old but turned out to be that, bike would idle fine, and sometimes work but if I did rev it would cut out, sometimes wouldn't start at all after cutting out, may be worth a look.