Need Help

chrisd
This post is 6566 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Chris and welcome. I had the same problem with my 03 model so took it to my local yam dealer, who is really helpful and he changed it for me but I can't remember quite how.

I'll try and find out again for you.

I know you turn the ignition on and as it goes through the diagnostic self test you hit 1 or 2 buttons below the speedo. It is a step through menu so you have to go through all of the setting to get to the one you want, make your changes and carry on to the end of the menu. If you stop and only do the rev limiter light and switch the ignition off, you won't of changed anything.

Leave it with me and I'll get back to you. The other good thing is that you can adjust the brightness of that light which when riding at night is like having someone shine an interrogation lamp in you face.

regards

Rob..........

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Chris and welcome. I had the same problem with my 03 model so took it to my local yam dealer, who is really helpful and he changed it for me but I can't remember quite how.

I'll try and find out again for you.

I know you turn the ignition on and as it goes through the diagnostic self test you hit 1 or 2 buttons below the speedo. It is a step through menu so you have to go through all of the setting to get to the one you want, make your changes and carry on to the end of the menu. If you stop and only do the rev limiter light and switch the ignition off, you won't of changed anything.

Leave it with me and I'll get back to you. The other good thing is that you can adjust the brightness of that light which when riding at night is like having someone shine an interrogation lamp in you face.

regards

Rob..........

Hi, I set mine to 100MPH so I know when I am up for a 'ban', if you still need the sequence I'll mail it to you as it's a bit of a drawn out affair to describe if you already have it...Tom. :D

• 2 months later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online