HELMET CAM OPTIONS PLEASE

sparky67
This post is 3729 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I see Go-pro everywhere nowadays, Lallasro Has a CAM,,, takes nice piccy"s of Handlerbars.. :babyha:

I see Go-pro everywhere nowadays, Lallasro Has a CAM,,, takes nice piccy"s of Handlerbars.. :babyha:

:)) I have a siemens HD, is not so good like sony or gopro but have all kind of waterproof, dust, ice, water, shok... and you don`t need a case for this. also you can fit the camera in any position (this is why I make videos with my handlebars :D)

the price for camera was over 300 pounds when she come on the market but because the sound and image quality is not so goos like sony or go pro, now the price is.. 120 pounds :)

but if you really want a good camera, gopro (350 pounds) or sony (200 pounds)

this is my camera

I have a contour, but an older model, love it. Super easy to operate with your gloves on too. Their newest model is waterproof and has GPS so you can link the gps route to your videos...as far as I remember.

I use a GoPro attached to the side of my helmet for road riding, and on a chest harness for trials. I also used it in the summer for waterskiing and paddle boarding. Yes, they are a bit fiddly to operate, but mine has survived through quite a lot of harsh treatment. The helmet mount has stayed on for over 10,000 miles with no sign of a problem.

Mark

Hope I'm not too late for this. As already recommended by feliks, Contour action cameras are pretty well built. It's waterproof out of the box and can record in HD (up to 1080p). What I love about it compared to the GoPro is that it's low profile, meaning you aren't carrying around a bulky Polaroid on your head. I always wonder about the crazy wind resistance you get with GoPros. If you are going to go down the Contour route, I suggest getting the Contour Roam2 instead of Contour Plus or GPS. Mainly because the Roam is waterproof where as the others need a special casing and also the the fact that it has a better battery life.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well av just bought a MUVI veho HD . come with remote, rear view , 3Hrs micro sd card . Will try it out and review,

Cheap too ,£156, :icon_cool:

Good thread, I'm thinking of getting a camera mainly for back up as evidence in case out happens but also for posting anonymous videos online haha.

We all await with anticipation Grouch, just in case out happens!! :hah::razz:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online