More possible licence changes

DirtyDT
This post is 3819 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

For those youngsters amongst us without a full license, please see the linky which relates to a possible change in raising the age people can drive LINKY

It is only going to get harder and more expensive to get a full license. I am sure a few of us on here didn't have to take a test and many of us - including me - just rode around the block to get a full license. Make getting a full license number one on your 2013 Christmas list now.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just checking DIRTY but is this for the car test? Looked at the article and can't find anything wrong with the idea, I'm sure if I was 17 I would be pissed but as I have 2 sons in their 20 I know what it feels like when they take off for the first time in the car on their own. Of course the poor bloody motorcyclist has been doing this for years anyway so about time the motorist had a taste of persecution. Oh GOD I sound like my DAD!!!! Just shoot me now!

The short answer is, "I don't know".

I know that the EU is trying to harmonise licenses (well everything really) so god knows what crappy scheme they will think up next. I too have been through the kids and first time driving myself so I know what it is like.

I just posted it to say that I doubt if it will be easier or cheaper for anyone in the future. Santa is on his way soon so rather than the latest games console or latest Victoria Beckham dress, maybe getting some cash together for a test is something that should be considered. .

EU regulations?

You mean complete bollocks concocted by some stoned Dutchman, supposedly for the entirety of Europe but will only ever be adopted by the morons who run our country?

Why not just ban drivers altogether and make people use the excellent public transport service... oh yeah, they already privatised that, liquidated the useful parts and sold the remainder to dickhead companies who rip people off with high prices for shit services!

OK, so the young scrotes will now be older when they smash everyone up. How nice... what about the existing middle-aged and old-age pricks who do equally stupid things?
What's being done about the 35-55 age range, who are old/rich enough to fuck around killing people in their BMWs and Audis?

Nothing? Oh, OK then...

I have to disagree Ttaskie.

I don't think it is just one stoned Dutchman, there are lots of people screwing us from the ivory towers in Brussels.

You missed out the bit about the much older drivers who haven't got the sense to take themselves off the road. With an aging population this is going to get worse.

The number of people over 60 could rise by 40% in the next 30 years.

In 1995 there were less than 9 million people over 65 in the UK - by 2030 there may be about 13 million.

In 1951, there were 300 people aged 100 and over. By the year 2031, it is estimated that this figure could boom to 36,000.

All out driving because more people than ever have a license. How's this for some statistic's:

"There has been a large increase in the number of older people holding a full driving licence.
Between 1995/97 and 2010 the proportion of people aged 60-69 holding a licence increased
from 63% to 79%. Over the same period,the proportion of people aged 70+ holding licences
has increased from 38% to 57%. The increase among older women is particularly notable;
69% of women aged 60-69 and 41% aged 70+ held a licence in 2010 compared with 45% and
21% respectively in 1995/97." Source: DfT National Travel Survey: 2010

The short answer is, "I don't know".

I know that the EU is trying to harmonise licenses (well everything really) so god knows what crappy scheme they will think up next. I too have been through the kids and first time driving myself so I know what it is like.

I just posted it to say that I doubt if it will be easier or cheaper for anyone in the future. Santa is on his way soon so rather than the latest games console or latest Victoria Beckham dress, maybe getting some cash together for a test is something that should be considered. .

Looks like I'll have to wait another few months for that dress then!
  • Like 1

if its like the eurozone, then why can't 14 year olds have a motorised bicycle like the rest of Europe?

It is nothing to do with the EU. It's a Cameroons Government idea. A government spokesperson said "We are committed to improving safety for young drivers and reducing their insurance costs - that is why we are publishing a Green Paper later in the year setting out our proposals. This will include a discussion about how people learn to drive." As a Green paper it is unlikely to become policy any time soon and certainly not before an election.

EU regulations?

You mean complete bollocks concocted by some stoned Dutchman, supposedly for the entirety of Europe but will only ever be adopted by the morons who run our country?

Why not just ban drivers altogether and make people use the excellent public transport service... oh yeah, they already privatised that, liquidated the useful parts and sold the remainder to dickhead companies who rip people off with high prices for shit services!

OK, so the young scrotes will now be older when they smash everyone up. How nice... what about the existing middle-aged and old-age pricks who do equally stupid things?

What's being done about the 35-55 age range, who are old/rich enough to fuck around killing people in their BMWs and Audis?

Nothing? Oh, OK then...

have to agree about the age range that TTasky touched on I had to go on a speed awareness course recently cough"cough and out of about 20 people the split was pretty even between male and female but I was surprised that the youngest person must have been over 40 yrs of age!

Not to mention the doddery old fart with a traffic cone stuck under his Prias who used me as a braking system or the silly old duffer who passed my car (parked half on pavement, nothing coming the other way) and managed to remove £40 of mirror!

For those youngsters amongst us without a full license, please see the linky which relates to a possible change in raising the age people can drive LINKY

It is only going to get harder and more expensive to get a full license. I am sure a few of us on here didn't have to take a test and many of us - including me - just rode around the block to get a full license. Make getting a full license number one on your 2013 Christmas list now.

licence Mr N, licence

• Like 1

licence Mr N, licence

My humblest apologies Mike. I take care to attempt to use the correct spelling, grammar and punctuation when I post.

Andrew - You can turn the Tapatalk strap line ad, that appears every time you post, off in the app settings.

my offspring is now considering doing is bike test, he has a full driving licence,

so where does he start /finish and how much will it cost him,

he's not thick and learns quick. just like his dad (feck off you lot)

will he need to do another theory test and pay for it !

...................he's not thick and learns quick. ...................

Takes after his mum does he?

I think he still has to do all of it Kev, theory and all. More cash for the Government.

If you mean other than a car theory test the answer is Yes.

My boy went through his last year and his cbt was c£120 including bike hire, cant remember the cost of part 1 and 11 but it was £60 for a two hour bike lesson, once again including bike

CBT and bike theory will last for 2 years - CBT around £100, theory around £35 I think.

Mod 1 approx. £50?, Mod 2 £80? Apart from the theory a lot of places offer the course including tuition for around £500.

Been a couple of months since I investigated as didn't have that amount spare! I may get away without the tuition but am yet to have an expert evaluate!

Bippo I think is the most recent full licence owner.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online