Project 86 FZ600 - "Black Yamba"

feliks
This post is 3567 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

haha just gotta make do, could be worse! Haven't had a chance to be on the forums much lately, been catching up on a lot of work, and been getting some riding in whenever I can since it's FINALLY nice enough to! I've been lurking in and reading though.... will get back to normal soon!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Any port in a storm LOL that big enough to any work on your bike,look at what most of the guys here have to work in a wee little 10x10 shed.

Once I get organized in there it'll be a lot better, need to build a little work bench at the back and get the shelves up so I can put my tools away!

• 1 month later...

Well here's an update... been lurking the forums but haven't had much to post lately as I've mostly been out enjoying the ride, no problems to report other than blowing the timing chain tensioner off once! I put the bike down a couple of times as well by combination of gravel in the road and taking corners a bit too fast for conditions and skill, but she's still running strong and no injuries to report either! The bottom fairing took a hit, and the other side blew off on the highway at 190 never to be seen again..... LOL Good times....

Here are some gratuitous shots for your enjoyment!

14111318114_a97afecbd2_b.jpgUntitled by feliks.ca, on Flickr

14107674011_2249ef0c70_b.jpgUntitled by feliks.ca, on Flickr

14111319704_c7f331fd1c_b.jpgUntitled by feliks.ca, on Flickr

Hi felix" good to see your weathers perked up too, i see your gaining experience,, :icon_wink:

Falling off regularly reminds me of my first couple of months on the road as a 17 year old. I kept falling off in the wet and it took me a wee while to realise I shouldn't be thrashing up to junctions and then slamming on my brakes at the last minute. After about half a dozen mirrors and fek knows how many indicator stems later I started to understand the physics of friction, or the lack of, regarding rubber and wet tarmac

good picd there frlix. glad your ok man.

fingers getting better now, so will have another bash at mine when I recover from scout camp

• 1 month later...

So 12k kms later after the rebuild, a lot of pushing to the redline, and quite a few wheelies and the old girl decided to blow her shit out of the front of the engine! Luckily I was only doing about 50km/h when it happened and was able to just pull the clutch in and coast into a parking lot, lots of oil and smoke everywhere...and almost shed a few tears.

Few days before the incident and one of our last rides together. :(

14246030090_db5d9f3969_b.jpgUntitled by feliks.ca, on Flickr

As it happened! :(

14245982119_82f69ea81d_b.jpgUntitled by feliks.ca, on Flickr

Think I found the issue, this hole isn't supposed to be here.

14246028068_8f4d56ca70_b.jpgUntitled by feliks.ca, on Flickr

14409509896_80eee1fd7c_b.jpgUntitled by feliks.ca, on Flickr

It was kind of a blessing in disguise however..... because I ended up picking up my beautiful 1999 R6 a few days later. My wife saw how depressed I was and actually allowed me to blow our line of credit to purchase a new bike. Crazy... I know... but, you know what... you only live once. I'm going to ride this year and work my ass off to pay it off now, but I'm going to have fuckin fun while I'm doing it! :D

I'll post up the new bike in a new thread.

yea, Its a killer when your pride and joy self destructs, glad your ok though as could have been on a bend at the time