Project 86 FZ600 - "Black Yamba"

feliks
This post is 3568 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Only 1 small problem with the new lights you cant see the dunlop stickers now.

Personaly I dont like em but I dont like any of the bikes that light up like a disco,but having all black bike might help the smidsy notice you at night.

The tail looks good but unfinnished,still think you need to do something to cover up the electrics and blend the seat in,I had a thought your living in a new sub and they are probably still building near you why not ask one of the siding guys for some aluminum.That stuff is easy to bend/cut.Or relocate the elecs under the tail and extend the seat down to the frame and recover it,Iknow that lots of new bikes have exposed frame rails but everything fits tight and you have gaps that leave it unfinnished looking,not bad but still could be better.

One question do you have enough chain to put the bigger front sprocket on?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yeah I've got room for a bigger sprocket still, axle sits about halfway right now so I have give either way.

I like the lights, but I have always liked lights... (I did this as a hobby for a while, just a few flashing lights here: www.policecardiecast.com ) :D

I have some extra for sale signs from my house, I never ended up putting them at the end of the street and sold anyway so I can use those for some mockups for side panels, but I think I'm going to leave it like this for now. I may source out a complete R1 rear end and try and modify the plastic tail piece to fit as another option, but for now this looks great to me. A big improvement over stock in my opinion.

Cool little toy cop car,with the scale road and shrub's it looked almost real great video :thumb:

Don't get me wrong the bike does look cool,just not finnished to me,but my rz was never quite right either and I re did that bike 4x

Well enough sitting on my ass this jeep aint going to fix it's self another day and she should be done,just waiting for new door seals.Why does everything from the states take forever if it werent for the fact that they are 1/3 the price I would have got them here.

Yeah if anything I'll add an R1/R6 rear end fairings on there and call it done, but I may sell it before then.... I have a feeling I'll outgrow this bike after the season, but I'm going to enjoy the fucking shit out of it before then!

I tied the front LEDs into the signals so they turn off when you signal so they are now dual purpose running/signal lights.

Well Flip you'll be happy to know I took some time tonight and modified some rear pieces to give the bike a more "finished" look.

What do you guys think??

13280500083_849fc658ec.jpg

13280670574_fca1567d04.jpg

13280328615_c800ddbd7e.jpg

13280677284_7af5be2813.jpg

13280683834_7784fe5b91.jpg

13280485073_5053b7eb39.jpg

See, lol

12995212965_3f00ba9bf4.jpg

Im supprised you aint got your helmet on, almost see what your mug looks like.

O and tell the wife to stop farting on your pillow.

Fuckin eh now that looks finnished I wouldn't change that for a r6 rear it's 1 off and looks great,even better than I though trimed pannels would look.Job well done Ryan :thumb:

Man the more I look at it you hit the nail right on the head... looks 2014 the way it flows.Before it looked more like "I crashed my bike and fitted this" now it looks like" I got board with the look and did this" I bet it will get copied someone will see it and go yep I gotta do that to my bike.I know you saw it and did it but yours looks better than the insperation bike.

Im supprised you aint got your helmet on, almost see what your mug looks like.

O and tell the wife to stop farting on your pillow.

Haha need some earplugs actually to drown out the snoring..... (I didn't say that) lol

Bike looks absolutely wicked in that last picture.

Thank you!! :D

Fuckin eh now that looks finnished I wouldn't change that for a r6 rear it's 1 off and looks great,even better than I though trimed pannels would look.Job well done Ryan :thumb:

Man the more I look at it you hit the nail right on the head... looks 2014 the way it flows.Before it looked more like "I crashed my bike and fitted this" now it looks like" I got board with the look and did this" I bet it will get copied someone will see it and go yep I gotta do that to my bike.I know you saw it and did it but yours looks better than the insperation bike.

Thanks pal!! Reading that made me smile haha :D

• Like 1

Im gunna say what everyone at work said about my bike "I liked it better the way it was"

Na only joking looks Brilliant!

Only thing I personally think it needs is a new shiney exhaust.

A nice stumpy one would be the icing on the cake imo.

NP dude I dont throw complements around lightly and will be the first to say That looks like crap what were you thinking? if someone builds something that looks like crap. Like thoes street fighters with the tail pointing up like they fliped the bike and cant straighten the frame

But you realy got it right the light tucks in nice under the top cowel,the pannels flow up to it nice,even the stock curves seem to look as if they were suposed to be going up to the tail.The way you cut it,, it follows the frame blends in nice with the tank( well that was alway like that) but the way you left the top rear of the stock pannels on the same angle of the plate holder just??? well looks right.

Even the top cowel hanging ove the side pannels a bit looks good,I think I would have been tempted to section part of it and have it fit even but it looks right the way it is.

You should be very proud of what you have done in the course of a few months,anytime you need help just call/text me .. Its been a joy watching you learn and create your own bike.

And I like the new leds now they are sigs as well,you will have to send me a link to where you get them I think they might find there way into the farring of the B if I can find some to fill the stock holes.

Ye ha the guy with my door seals is here............................................O yes now I can finnish the jeep,like a kid at xmass I'll send you a text pictuer later with the new rims/tires on looks much tuffer

Its turned out great mate, big pat on the back. the graphics look good too, there but stealth if that's the right word. Love it.

Thanks a lot again everyone!! The kind words really mean a lot! :D What a nice response! I just can't wait to get out there and enjoy it this year, my first full year of riding!

Flip I would have struggled with that engine rebuild if it wasn't for you so extra special thanks to letting me bug you at all hours via text to help me through some tricky parts!

NP buddy and to be honest thats the first time I helped with a rebuild and never touched a part, you did it all just needed some tip's and reassurance now and then.

You find a new crib yet? with a garrage?