Project 86 FZ600 - "Black Yamba"

feliks
This post is 3567 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Job done! Well done man, so your just waiting on the plastics to finish her off then?

Thanks buddy! Plastics I have, just waiting for my paint, it got shipped out on Friday.

your getting really good at this bike building malarkey :)

Either good or lucky.... but either way I'll take it. lol Just glad it was an "easy" fix! Getting the screws out of the old piece was a pain though...first the screw stripped because it was in so damn tight, then my easy-outs wouldn't work...either size.... so I got the dremel out and cut a slot in the screwhead...that was ALSO stripping it when trying to turn it with a flat head.... wtf! So I got my vice grips out as a last resort, tightened them really good around the head of the screw and gave it a turn... and heard a satisfying snap of it coming loose! :D

buying them spare motors is already paying off big,EH?

HUGE! Saves time and money from running to the dealer and paying THEIR prices! :D

Spares - gotta ave spares.

They're worth their weight in gold!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Did some chain maintenance today, used PJ1 cleaner and PJ1 Blue Label Chain Lube - stuff turns sticky when it's on so it doesn't fly off, heard good things about it so thought I'd try it out! Still waiting on my sprocket and paint.... always something! Oh and waiting for snow to melt still .... lol :D

Yer that PJ1 is cracking stuff, used that on my 125 and step dads always used it on his bikes.

Where's you paint coming from then the Moon? ring them up and tell them to get a shiffty on

lol they just shipped the paint on Friday - apparently only shipping to Canada twice a month! :D

Some bittersweet news today, house was conditionally sold, so now it's time to start looking for a new place! Going to miss my garage the most. :(

So I got my new sprocket today... however it looks like it's been sliding around on a shelf and smashed into some things, hence this chip on one of the teeth. Is this bad or OK to use? Don't really want to send it back if I don't have to but I don't want to use it if it's fucked.

12817649933_3697c83a84_b.jpg

As it's a ali sprocket and wont last long anyway I wouldn't worry about it it's not realy in the drive part of the sprocket.

Ok cool, I'll sand it down so it's smooth with no jagged edges that will rub the chain at least and then just run it.

I've heard that if you keep an eye on your chain adjustment these aluminum sprockets will last longer than if you don't...so I'll be sure to stay on top of that, they say this was treated with a "proprietary heat treating process that makes it stronger than steel" so... we'll see. lol

Ok took the wheel off got the new sprocket on, old bolts were proving to be troublesome getting off so I got out the impact gun and that made quick work of them!

Inspected the rear bearing too after putting about 40km on it...still looks shitty. I'm going to replace it before I put the wheel back on, myself this time... stupid dealership screwing up an easy task. I'll get them to order the bearing for me though so they know they fucked up and it needs to be replaced!

12820543134_32beef2e76_b.jpg

Yeah shipping is silly to Canada for bike parts so I just got the dealership to order them, $21... but I'm bringing my wheel in with the bearing they pressed in and messed up so hopefully they will make this right.

Was having a little issue with my signals and it seems that they only turn on if I turn the right side is turned on first, only then will the left side work.

Now, I would think faulty or dirty switch, but it's weird because if you turn the ignition key off then on again, the left side won't work again until you turn the right side on first, but if you leave the switch in the on position, both sides work after you've turned the right side on.... but not forever, maybe 10 minutes or so. Could this be an issue with the flasher relay? Anyone ever has this or hear of this happening before?

Doesn't look like it's going to be warm enough to paint for a while out in my garage, so I was doing a bit of searching and found a place that rents out a paint booth for the day for $100, about an hour away from me, so that's what I'm going to do! That way I can get all my parts sprayed and assembled before the big move.... closing date is April 11 so there's not much time!!

Where abouts did you get them reflective stickers too? look cracking on the stantions. :thumb:

I got them from a seller on ebay - aarcdecals - he did a great job on mine but Jeff (rzresurrection) had some jacked up ones from him....so... it's hit and miss I guess.