Project 86 FZ600 - "Black Yamba"

feliks
This post is 3567 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Yeah much happier with these numbers. :D

Got my new rear sprocket (+3) on order and my rims are at the dealer getting new rubber put on now! Wooo!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Emailed eastwood wondering where my order was, they haven't even shipped it, and they aren't shipping until Friday, I ordered last week, what kind of stupid service is that?

Much better numbers,140 would be great numbers but for a rebuild with old rings you got nothing to complain about with 130's and it even across all cyls

Much better numbers,140 would be great numbers but for a rebuild with old rings you got nothing to complain about with 130's and it even across all cyls

Woooooooo!!! :D :D Can't wait to get out there now... going to pick up my wheels right now!

Seems to be common with a lot of companies these days. And they wonder why so many are going bust??? Gee I wonder...

Gah! I guess I shouldn't complain too much, the price was right... to get the same stuff in stores around here would be twice as much.

Eastwood is a USA company and only ship 2x to Canada a month in bulk fast service is not there strong point ,quality stuff and price is what keeps them going and people who deal a lot with them get priorty.

Holy crap just heard the forcast for thurs day +8 might even be able to get a shake down ride in.

I picked up my DA sander from Eastwood, I must have got lucky and made the cut for shipping, it came fast, guess I missed it this month so I had to wait. I was hoping to paint this week since it was going to be semi-nice out, ah well....

And damn right I'm going out on Thursday! At least around my survey here.

You want something done right... do it YOURSELF.

Bring my rims to the dealer to get the tires mounted, good, had them finish pressing my bearings in place too since I didn't have the right socket to smack em down in. Well what do you know, I get home, put a finger in the back bearings, they are so stiff....like worse than the originals I took out. I noticed the inner race is jacked up from the outer race, not flush...like they pressed it in way too far and the spacer has pushed out the inner bearings.

So they balanced and actually gave them back to me like this. What the fuck. So I call them, he doesn't believe I know what I'm talking about...so now I have to spend another hour out of my day to drive down there and have them fix it. Which they will probably need new bearings to do!! GAH!

Well I managed to smack them back to almost flush before I put the rim on the axle, I did call and express my displeasure at the job done with the owner and mechanic who worked on the rims, and told them exactly what the problem was, so they have record of me calling with this problem now. I'm using it like it is because he says it's fine! So if it falls off and I die, you guys know who to call! (Trevor @ McKee Powersports in Delhi, Ontario)

We'll see how it holds up, if it prematurely wears out because of this I will definitely be bringing it back there for a replacement! Or some yelling.... lol

Looks really good Feliks.. Is that melting snow i see??

52094d1392781367t-daily-feed-post-what-m

lol yes but it's just a tease! going up to 4 degrees tomorrow but they're calling for rain all day, then -10 again by next week so it'll be a nice big skating rink here! and thanks!! :D

Yeh cool " looks like summat outa MadMAX ,,,, :headbang:

Wooo! Just need to get these fairings painted up and mounted and I'm all set...

I can't pull off the hair. Lol

If you're the guy with the mohawk does that make me HUMONGOUS? lol