Project 86 FZ600 - "Black Yamba"

feliks
This post is 3594 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Bikes looking really cool bud!

Black is such i sexy sinister colour!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

you can get kits from http://www.siriusconinc.com/

I have a local supplier, but these guys are in Canada

Damn only $22 for the kit too! I just paid $12 for the ONE gasket from the Yamaha dealership... haven't opened it yet though.

Bikes looking really cool bud!

Black is such i sexy sinister colour!

Thanks man!

Valve cover gasket changed! Took me about an hour and a half...was tricky getting the cover in and out without removing the engine but it's definitely doable! Waiting a bit for the black gasket maker to cure before I start her up to check for leaks.... keeping my fingers crossed until then. :D

It was harder to get it in, I shouldn't have used so much permatex on it, it made a mess.... :| Any trick to cleaning it up? Rubbing alcohol?

Good news, went for a ride, looks like my leak is gone!

Ok will try that out. Got a bunch on the outside of the valve cover...kept the inside pretty clean but while I was trying to get it in place the gasket maker was all over my hands and then went all over the cover!

Ordered a new windscreen...$35 from China! Then found the same one for $25...shipped. oh well... I can live with a $35 replacement considering the only ones I found listed for the fz600 were $90 originally! I still need to give the fairings a proper paintjob, that'll happen over winter, then she'll be good for springtime, either to ride or sell and upgrade!

Fixed the fuelcock gasket today... no more fuel running while the bike is off! The new gasket was about twice the thickness of the old one.

Fixed the fuelcock gasket today... no more fuel running while the bike is off! The new gasket was about twice the thickness of the old one.

Cool it worked out,did you ever put in the other valve from CT?

Ordered a new windscreen...$35 from China! Then found the same one for $25...shipped. oh well... I can live with a $35 replacement considering the only ones I found listed for the fz600 were $90 originally! I still need to give the fairings a proper paintjob, that'll happen over winter, then she'll be good for springtime, either to ride or sell and upgrade!

What company did you use,I checked out ABS farrings and they didn't do 1 for your bike,they carry whole body kits for the r6,r1 ect.. aprox 600 painted+graphics+windscreen dirt cheap IMO but nothing for bikes as old as yours.

They've got the whole kit for my bike here: http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/yamaz/FZ6001985-88.htm

For the Windscreen... I found it on eBay. I got the FZR400 one which according to my research should fit the FZ600 of the same year. We will see! Sure beats spending the $90 for it as long as it fits!

I took some time today to clean up the wiring under the gauges, wrapped it in some black wire loom and zip tied everything up nicely. Going to go do a bit of detailing on it while it's raining today... :(

Oh, and yes I did install the cutoff valve from CT as well, doesn't hurt to have another level for when the bike sits in winter. This way I can just run the bike to clear out the gas from the carbs and everything else.

OH! And I found out permatex makes gasket remover....going to pick up a can of that to use where I got the gasket maker on the frame.

• 2 weeks later...

Ryan first thing I can tell you about ordering anything from china is you have to learn to wait,if the add says shipis in 24hrs that is code for we will find the part in 24hrs and put it in a box and hand it to someone else who may or may not finnish processing it in the next week,then we will give it to a nice guy who will fly it to 3-4 different countrys run it through every customs office between china and canada they can find,then to another nice guy drives around in a big truck who will sneek up to your door wisper is anyone home knock very softly once and then drop a card in the mail box and run away.Then you get to play find my part with the shipping company,this part gets fun they know they have it,the puter tells them that,but it is always in proccess between a truck and or a wearhouse.

If your realy lucky it won't be broken by the time you actualy get it in your hands and have to start a shipping insurance claim.

A word of caution do not sign for the part untill you open the package some shipping co's play nasty that way if you sign for it then you have accepeted the package as is and making a insurance claim is no longer a option.

I've ordered over 500 things from ebay.... I'm not new to the scene lol... sometimes things come in a couple weeks from China, sometimes it takes a month..... I just had to bitch about it a little bit lol. :D

LOL just like a kid waiting for x mass then eh!

I am fairly new to the whole ordering on line thing,how has your experience been about returning things for warrenty so many scams going on I wonder if I had to return something if it would ever get done.I reciently bought a couple of knock off cell phones both working fine for the 3 weeks Ive had em and so cheap that if they do break don't know id be be bothered but currious if you have and how it went.

lol yup! It's not like the windscreen I have now is useless...just has an ugly looking crack that I fixed...but it's still ugly, and I want it to look pretty. :D Should be here this week anyway. Said between nov4-11 estimated delivery.

As for buying stuff from ebay...the buyer is always right. So if you have a problem, you will pretty much always get your money back (minus shipping fees), as long as you return the item (just put tracking on it). All the times I've had problems, maybe 10 out of 500+ transactions...I've worked out deals with the sellers. Most often they either just refund and don't even ask for the item back, or they'll give you a discount on future orders. I only had one stupid seller that wouldn't give my money back for a toque I ordered a few years ago that never came...but it was only $10, I ended up filing a paypal claim and got my 10 bucks back. :D