Project 86 FZ600 - "Black Yamba"

feliks
This post is 3588 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yep like the saying goes if you want it done right do it yourself, even a road side break down I would rather just truck it home than trust someone else to fix my ride.I'm same with drewps plumbing,ect around the house even if it takes me longer I'd rather do it myself.

Bike is looking good dude got to be quite pleased with yourself,from never owning a bike to rebuilding one in a year is a big step.

Just remember new tire's and wet/dirty roads don't mix well.

Got your test booked yet? I want to get a lot of riding in this year and as SAMMY said "I cant... drive.. 55" so you need to get it done asap lots of good 80k roads up and down the lakes, but, if you want to go anywhere you cant be stuck havin to get home before dark like a kid. Owensound bike rally might be on the list of too do's

And yes I am quite pleased and proud of myself! Never had anyone around that could show me how to do anything.....always self taught, I seem to learn better that way. Helps having people offering advice along the way though!

haha nice! :D

Ok so since the MTO is not starting M1 exit tests until end of May/beginning of June (wtf) I've gone ahead and registered for the MSF course on May 10th. I didn't really want to do it but in order to get my M2 license in time for my road trip I have planned in May I need to do this!

So I went and rewrote my M1 today, and am now I'm an eligible rider once again! Too bad it just snowed. Again. Oh Canada. :D

The MTO testers might get wet you know in april Thats why they dont start booking untill they can ride mainly in nice weather,Taking the MSF coures should give you a break on your insurance I'v heard that for some it saved them more that it cost. Give your insurance co a ring and ask them.

I had to go out for a little boot today, the bike runs so fucking flawless, it's incredible! It must have been in worse shape than I thought before the rebuild... took forever to start when it was cold and I had to choke it all the way, now, little choke, fires right up, then ease off the choke and it's purring like a lion! :D

Went back and forth in my little construction survey here, contruction workers are all looking at me like I'm crazy... lol

Video proof: lol

I was! How did you know? Had a little mishap though...battery died while I was out booting around! Ended up bump starting it and getting it home but I got in a good 30 minutes of riding before that happened. :D No ice out there really, but it is windy!

Problem fixed! Checked regulator, resistance on wires, etc... stator was giving low readings for resistance so I popped the cover off and cleaned everything real good, then I noticed the connectors on this piece:

12712119163_faf0fb9432_c.jpg

12712123213_4b2e6dac14_c.jpg

weren't very springy, and they need to be to make contact with the rotor! So...I swapped that piece with one from my parts engine which was in much better shape, cleaned it up, reinstalled everything, and am now reading a steady 14.5v when the bike is running, 12.5 when it's off.

Perfect! :D

Job done! Well done man, so your just waiting on the plastics to finish her off then?

buying them spare motors is already paying off big,EH?