Project 86 FZ600 - "Black Yamba"

feliks
This post is 3594 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

NP! I got the H4 bi-xenon 35w A/C kit (A/C is important, it'll double the life of the bulbs) VVME is the brand, I've had good luck with them in the past.

As long as they're aimed down a bit from the factory halogens I don't think you'll blind too many people, just the folks who were already going to complain you're on a motorcycle anyway. :D

The good part about this kit, is it came with a relay so you don't need to build an extra one into the circuit! Pretty much just plug and play, have to hook up a couple grounds and a positive (fused) feed from the battery.

Better put some venting in the housing they make alot of heat and the fn bulbs cost almost as much as the kit alone. Nice and bright though ,,my 12 has focused lights and 1 is all it takes on high it's blindingly bright I love em they are way brighter than most other bikes.

The 2 of us driving side by side will blind anyone even on low beam,the wr Not sure why they bothered with the stock light I put a UFO with a 55/65 w and it works ok better than stock but still weak IMO.

What makes you think HIDs produce more heat than halogens? I think it's the other way around....although I've never actually measured.

Can't wait to get out for some rides this season!

Yeah I'll definitely invest in some type of moisture control for the air - I've done a bit of airbrushing in the past and lots of paint jobs with spray cans with decent results so hopefully my first go at a paint gun goes smoothly. I'm not too worried about it...like we all know it's all in the prep work! I've got some final sanding to do before I apply some 2 part epoxy primer.

I ordered an HID kit last week and it came today too... I know I know... you can't put HIDs in stock housings it blinds everyone blah blah blah, .....if you're gonna say that, I just don't care. I'll do what I want. I have them in my truck, never been pulled over for it... I'd rather inconvenience people for a few seconds than get run over by them because they just didn't notice me!

12484403274_b160cf1954.jpg

12484383714_47d3e683fe.jpg

12483911565_aa4b78d846.jpg

12484051103_d9ec9456ac.jpg

Is that a flip up license plate? That's on my list

Hmmm anyone know if an FZR750 sprocket will fit on an FZ600 sprocket carrier? I think they should.....but if anyone knows for certain....

edit - will not fit after further research. Here IS a list of compatible sprockets:

yx600
fj600

Checked out paint at Napa and Canadian Tire today but nothing that was any good was anywhere near cheap, so I just ordered this stuff from eastwood.com

Black Urethane Paint (no need for clear!)

http://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-boulevard-black-paint.html

2-part Epoxy Primer

http://www.eastwood.com/gray-epoxy-primer-eastwood.html

Gas tank for the little YAMAHA and bottom fairing section for the big YAMAHA with the circle logo. Other circles may go on the front forks.

Should be ok with that paint Feliks and most spray guns come with the 1.8 tip which is a good all rounder.Remember to have a little practice on some pined up news paper. start around say 10 psi and a hand span away ,you are looking for Rugby ball shape (football usa ). if it s more a figure 0f 8 your pressure is too high. Have fun dt will probably give you some better advice later he sounds more experienced than me spraying.

That was just the flat black I sprayed last year to cover up the purple yamaha and stripes that were on the tank (it's high heat bbq paint actually). Turned out real nice like that though!

Now I'm debating whether or not to go 3 up on the back sprocket.... my chain is still loose and it's adjusted all the way back, so I'm thinking it'll be a good fit.

$(KGrHqJ,!p4FCL9z(NeRBQm8qWrpVw~~60_3.JP