Project 86 FZ600 - "Black Yamba"

feliks
This post is 3594 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well! The engine went back in a lot easier than it came out! All of the wires were cleaned up and rewrapped with UV resistant electrical tape and routed properly and I even got the wife to help jack off..er... jack up the engine while I balanced it into place. Went in nice and smooth! I even got her to bang in the bolt so I could put the nut on it. LOL

Time for pictures!

12245168795_f18757e6cb_c.jpg

12245170975_4ae0ce5b18_c.jpg

12245353773_1d20797f1f_c.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thanks! Drilled and tapped the swingarm with a size M8 tap. The stands came with a few different sizes of spools and bolts for the job.

• Like 1

Looking more like a bike now mate, you still high on that carb cleaner or have you booked into rehab ha ha

lol no carb cleaner, maybe some other stuff though.... LOL :D

Making some good progress these past few days...it was pretty easy and straightforward putting everything back together. For some reason I thought it would be a lot more complicated...just taking my time and referencing the manual.

Now, I have a question, it says in the manual for the recommended initial startup to remove the spark plugs AND wires before cranking the engine to build up the oil pressure before starting it with any fuel in it. My question is.... do I need to remove the wires?? And if so...why?

12257735505_a09bf9d03b_c.jpg

ya best to build oil pressuer first so pull the plugs give it a 100 cranks over then giver.

You have assembly lube on the pistons but not any on the crank or bearings.

Ok cool, am about to go do this.... but first I need to fill up a gas can to give the bike some fuel!

and Blackhat Wtf does the bloodhound gang have to do with anything?? lmao

Get the oil pressure up first then fuel up.

make sure the plugs will still spark or you may fry the ignitor.

Got a cheque from google today for one of my videos so I figured I'd spoil myself. :D

Ahem,,,, :eusa_think:

Get the oil pressure up first then fuel up.

make sure the plugs will still spark or you may fry the ignitor.

Yup for sure no fuel until the oil is up - it says I can loosen the oil gallery bolt at the top of the engine to check for oil seepage from there (it's good if it does) - then tighten it back up once oil is confirmed flowing up top. So I'll do that as well!

Ahem,,,, :eusa_think:

Ohhhhh lol I forget what I post sometimes... it was a sniper video...but just titled that. It's actually just me shooting at a pile of sand..... lol, close to a million views now!

Congratulations man, One thing tho have you got a hike in your pipe as it looked like you had gases blowing out onto the rear wheel onto the floor?? And a heck of a lot too.

Yeah there were holes drilled into the exhaust there for some reason... I already filled em up with JB Weld last night..it's curing now, going to start it up again in a bit and see if it holds up. If not, I'm getting the holes welded.

I'm pretty happy it started up with no issues, and even better...no leaks!

Congratulations man, One thing tho have you got a hike in your pipe as it looked like you had gases blowing out onto the rear wheel onto the floor?? And a heck of a lot too.

nah that's tyre smoke :)

bet your really chuffed feliks, great feeling when an inaminate object comes alive by you own hands

nah that's tyre smoke :)

bet your really chuffed feliks, great feeling when an inaminate object comes alive by you own hands

haha

Oh yes indeed! :D

Got my new chain mounted up today, didn't take it apart and just removed the swingarm to put it on, since it was already together (grabbed it when I got the other parts for the build). Then I removed the front and rear rim and pulled the bearings out in preparation for powder coating. I have some new All Balls bearings on the way that I'm going to replace them with as I've heard good reviews about them. Need to remove the rubber so I can mount up the Dunlop 501's when they arrive this week!

12281372736_1010655e09.jpg

12280975263_1ef104142a.jpg

12281383946_4d6b4b011b.jpg

12281256034_f69808344b.jpg

if you can, put the old screws in the threads and ask the powder coaters if they laquer them too!

then it'll look the dogs