Parts for thundercat??

Sir Tom Jones
This post is 6145 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

HI all new to the bike scene so bit on the thick side so please go easy on me.I am after some info about parts for my thundercat i need chain and sprockets now i see theres quite a few different makes out there and really dont want to buy a crap make which is best to go for value for money i only use the bike for road use no track days being a bit of a novice at the moment DID,triple SSS etc ?? and also need brake pads again which to go for any help would be very greatfull..................... cheers Sir Tom

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi there mate, I've got the Thunderace and I know you've had the chain and sprocket answered but no brake pads. I swear by EBC, they're one of the best value for money and most commonly used. Just make sure you go for the sintered ones. For mine, they price around 60 quid for the whole set, so somewhere around there mate. Hope it's helped!

• 2 weeks later...

For a cain I have used a dirt cheap nasty thing that rusted and looked awful.

I know it's common sense but for chains go as high as you dare.

EBC standard pads are more than fine and won;t wear your discs out as soon but sintered are very good.

just remember to change both at the front at the same time.

• 1 year later...

TRY BIKEBITZ ON ITERNET FOR CHAIN AND SPROCKETS, ABOUT £75 THEN GET A PRO TO FIT IT, THIS IS A DECENT CHAIN AND SPROCKET KIT. EBC SINTERD PADS ARE BEST AND MINE ARE STILL GOING WELL AFTER 9K, IF THEY GLAZE JUST WET AND DRY THEM OFF.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online