DT175 Clutch Adjustment

mcferreira100
This post is 3824 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Maybe its time I attempted my first clutch overhaul. Damn tired of taking that cover off..kickstart..etc..then praying I have no leaks. Yamaha would have done well to have a separate clutch cover on there for these adjustments.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

with all this removal and re-fitting of the clutch casing dont be caught out with the tacho gear plate washer falling off, you must always make sure its there in front of the pinion before re-assembly. I suppose you are wise to this one now?

It almost always sticks to the clutch cover and drops off when it is removed!

You have me there..I haven`t noticed anything loose or falling off when removing the cover..wonder if the washer was there to begin with? Something I will keep in mind next time.

Anything I should be aware of regarding replacing the friction plates and the spring?

item 3 is the washer, you wouldnt want that to be floating around in there...can you imagine if it got between the crank and clutch pinion!!!

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Yamaha/Motorcycle/1978/DT175E/TACHOMETER/parts.html

you should take note how each plain plate is placed around the basket, you will see they all have some material missing from the outer circumference leaving a sort of pip...yes another pip. These pips are placed equally around the basket and keep the clutch in balance...ignore this or do it wrong and you'll have vibration. it's all in the manuals

Ok..thanks Airhead