jacks o2 mod

stewarty
This post is 2861 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 2 weeks later...

Get the o2 eliminator from the guy in greece off ebay, cost £17 and a few pence, does the same job as jacks mod, i fitted one on my 1300 and it's the best thing i ever did, much smoother at low revs and doesn't affect mpg or running, only takes 5 mins to fit

cheers guys a got the one of the link drewpy had on, a think its the one you said eggar from ebay well thats it on know just to take it for a run.

Hey Stewarty

Let us know if it makes a difference mate

:hyper: yep, what a difference a thought at first it was crap, but once a got out on the road and going up and down the gears, best £17 a have spent cheers guys.

Made no difference to my MPGs when I used one.

If you are handy with a soldering iron, Jack posted full instructions here http://vstar1300.pbworks.com/w/page/5760698/Jack's%20O2%20Mod

• 2 weeks later...

I fit today this eliminator on my bike, I don`t feel any difference of power BUT now I can easy run my bike in 5th gear at 40 m/h and this is a big improve. before eliminator I can`t run in 5th gear with a minimum of 50m/h. so, I can say is a win :)

• 4 months later...

1 month ago my o2 sensor eliminator die and I put back the 02 sensor. ok, no big deal.. under 20 pounds, was working 3 months.. anyway not this is why I bump this topic. when i ask if the consumption is modified, people say they don`t see any change.. but is... I saw that from start but I say maybe is because of the weather, because is cold... but nope, after I put back the 02 sensor, the consumption was reduced.. and the weather was still bad, still cold... normally I do combinated, town-outside something like 135-145 miles before the led is coming on. with the o2 eliminator, I do maximum 125 miles before the led is coming on. now i`m back to 140-145 miles. so, the consumption is over 10% increased with the sensor eliminator. I think the power gain is not worth so I will stay with the o2 sensor on ;)

• 2 years later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online