Yamaha DTR Ignition Pickup

rjw99
This post is 3863 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Bike died, just got it back from Padgetts after they said it was the ignition pickup and said the part would cost £500.

Poor student, was hoping to use the bike for Uni but cant afford that price.

Any ideas where i can get this part? Ive looked on ebay and there doesnt seem to be anything available.

Looks like I may have to sell the bike as is.

Any help appreciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

500 " I would be needing an engine rebuilt for that...contact Rex" Speed shop, or west county windings.. :yeah:

Also thers Newtronic.... they do electronic ignition parts..

500 " I would be needing an engine rebuilt for that...contact Rex" Speed shop, or west county windings.. :yeah:

Also thers Newtronic.... they do electronic ignition parts..

cheers mate will check them out

Think you may find you can't buy the pickup coil seperately only as a complete stator assembly which would explain the high cost. Defineately worth contacting the firms blackhat250 has listed to see if they can help. There is a side cover listed on ebay that looks like it has the stator assembly on .Maybe worth contacting the seller to see if it is working and is the right one for your bike

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/dtr125-dt125-dtr125x-dt125x-dt125re-2005-generator-stator-cover-engine-spares-/290976332492#ht_422wt_958

Tony

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online