help with my sr 125

joe yamaha 125 sr
This post is 3831 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

1...hello would be nice....2...why would you need to...3...and most importantly if you would like some response on this forum a littlle etiquette would be nice...introduce urself on the new members forum..tll us a lil about urself and ur bikes and u MAY get a little helpful tips...trust me from a forum newbie :)

I did right a lot of stuff on here saying hello what has happend ect then when i posted it. It come up saying have to log in and all i wrote was gone so i was a bit pissed off that's why i just wrote a little bit in case it didn't work again.The reason im asking if there is a diff bike i can take the part off is because there are no sr bikes near me .thanks

The cylinder head has broke there is stuff snaped inside and to fix it i have to send it away to get it heated up and they have to put new valves and guides in. the tapets are snaped aswell ive had a price 360pound for all the parts so it

will be cheaper to get a complete cylinder head off a old bike but i carnt find any of my type of bike so i was thinking is there a diff bike i can look for that will fit on my bike. Thanks for the reply

the thing is...if your cylinder head is so badly damaged there must be a reason for this...perhaps the oil isnt pumping or something?

maybe you'd be better looking for a used engine?

hey wild foamy here sold a complete bike recently for only a few hundred pounds

Just did a very quick look on ebay mate and theres sr engines going for £150-£350...seen a couple of cylinder heads on there as well...plenty of them knocking about joe...so hopefully will be alot cheaper than getting all that work done.

Why they all said - a lot of good prices on flea bay.

If you decide not to fix it I know someone who'd be interested in spares!!

I bought an SR125 for £100 with a running engine and 36k on the clock, but once i'd spent the money on cutting new keys, new tyres, new battery, new cables e.t.c i barely made my money back selling it at £360.

A slightly more viable alternative may be buying a written off or spares or repair bike like i did, using the whole engine (or just the top end) and splitting the rest for spares to recoup your money, I once bought a DT50 field bike for £80, used the headlight and handlebars, split the rest and ended up about £20 in profit with basically a free headlight and handlebars.

Thats a good idear. its only till next yr when i can get my full bike licence the wife wanted me to get used to rideing bikes again befor a get a big one

Sounds familiar!!

My wife doesn't understand bikes! I taught her to drive about 7 yrs ago and I got a foot in the door with a twist and go.... took me over 6 years to kill it beyond repair and finally got back onto a proper bike this March! The plan is that I take my theory, mod 1 and mod 2 by this time next year but with 2 kids etc etc finances may not let me!!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online