bike stripped...well mostly :-)

Remelad
This post is 3874 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well guys...had a lil time on my hands...so no time ta see what the issue with it...ive taken the engine out...took rear wheel off...brushed and cura-rusted...now to spray rust spots...strip the engine...and figure what went wrong

Keep ya posted

Trying to upload pic but not working from phone??

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

What was the issue to start with mate?

Well mate there was a knocking from the feont end (I thought) stripped down the end and found......big end gone...more feee play than a facebook app :-( got ta get some parts and get me crankshaft sorted....will keep u guys posted

YAY im not the only one thats killed the big ends! ha ha,

Good luck with it mate, it is quite easy (but seeing your REME should find this a peice of piss)

Bet your be back on the road before me too!

Well only bought the bike feom a neighbour for 60 quid..came with the knocking...turned out he was the kind of rider who although is a big guy still tried to get the bike to 80mph whilst riding 100 miles every weekend...never changed the oil until it had its yearly service...so its pretty messed up. Have to change 3 thrust washers, 2 conrods and 1 crank pin...time and money is the issue....know a guy who can assemble the whole lot for 25 quid (as has to be done under pressure)...if I get the parts...

So its a race matey

How far along are you then dude...what happened wiv urs?

Been working my butt off ao havent had chance to look on here for a while (16hr days wipe u out)

Speak soon bro

Just waiting on some cases to be powder coated then I can finish my engine off, I had to buy a new crank, con rods and big ends, new oil pump and gasket set as I had a knocking from the front as well which was due to lack of oil ha ha.

Mine wont be on the road till mid to late next year tho as doing crap loads of modifications.

Aaah mate...wish I had the time and money to do what ur doing but need the bike back on the road asap as need it for work...dont wanna be using public transport 3hrs a day...got a mate looking into finding me a 250 engine...just for when I pass my test...easy enough ta pull out the old and in wiv the new...then mod it...but that will be next year for me too :-)

Good luck buddy...u going matt black or whole new colour?

Going to be a whole new colour and little trick bits here and there, just bought a new Fuel Tank today but not to sure on it at the mo.

Sounds like a good plan with the 250 motor! Will you need to change the wiring loom and cdi as well?

Thats what I gotta look into buddy...apparently they made the dragstar 125 to originally house the 250...so hopefully wont be too much needed to do to it to convert it...

Lots of pics of ur bike transformation please matey...what shape is the tank?

Good luck bro

if ye click on the link in my sig it will take you to the build thread of every thing ive done so far.

Getting the 250 motor into the frame shoukd be a doddle its just getting it to run right will be the drama, best to get the 250 loom and cdi as well to play it safe

Thanks for the advise mate...defo will do...gonna check out ur pics in a mo...just elbow deep in decorating...this is qhy blokes should never have days off that the mrs knows about...they coller you to do 'stuff'...and never anyof the good stuff :P

DUUUUUUUUDE...that is a cracking bike...wanna swap??? :-) just looked at the pics but what youve done so far is the nuts mate...makes me feel like a right novice (even more than I am) wiv my issues :D Then again if I didnt have the mrs and kids then I would be doing the same thing...come ta think of it...if you take the family and mortgage I will take the bike on for ya...just as a favor to u :)

Cheers dude, well id love to say yes but sadly i have a kid and wife and mortgage already so not wanting a second set ha ha, im also a novice at it but just look at pics on google and get a feel for things i like then have a quick read of how its done then get cracking with it. The joys of doing a bobber is that you just take off all the bits that arn't needed and turn it into some thing different.

Good luck with the painting but think you should tell her that your sick and need to go in the shed to take your tablets and get cracking on the bike (she wont notice your gone)

Cough...cough...hehehheehe

Learning exactly how you are mate...plus have a mate who knows all u need ta know about maintaining a bike...his has done 180000 and still going strong...prob is I aint got a shed...or garage...am borrowing another mates at the mo...gonna have ta sort it out...maybe get one of those roadworks strippy tent thing and do it on the street...council seem ta love doing it...I might as well :-D

I have been following your thread as well as noise's,and for attempting what you guys are doing with minimal knowlage piss all tools and space to do it your both more of a biker than 90% of the posers on the road.I don't care iff you have a 40k Harley and tatoos a chain drive wallet and packin if ya can't fix your own bike you ani't a biker.

Ya got to learn some how and gettin in and dirty is the only way.

Don't suppose the wifeie would consider the bike in the living room as decoration for a few weeks,just wait till she goes to bed and slip it in hang the drapes over it I'm sure she won't notice :eusa_whistle: ,send her off to work to make $$$ to buy parts of course and fix it when she's gone,yep yep thats what I'd doo :biglaugha:

Good luck with getting it done quick

• Like 2

Hehehehe...love ur thinking dt...eeeerrrm...thats a new piece of furniture dear...no dear thats not oil...its rhe new airfreshener :D Thank u for ur iind words brother...I must admit, think me and noise (and most of the guys and gals on here) are of the same mind...if it needs fixing its a puzzle...I love puzzles and would rather figure it out and fix it myself and learn from it than pay through the teeth for someone else ta do it and not learn a thing. Plus its more my bike if I know her inside and out :)

Thx DT

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online