Dragstar Pannier Support / Mount

gremlin1988
This post is 3864 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys

I've just got hold of some "used" panniers for my XVS650A Dragstar Classic. Bargain at around £80 and don't look like they've ever been used.

$(KGrHqVHJBsFIEvvpF48BSFOJf81-w~~60_57.J

I've got pannier supports fitted to the bike from the previous panniers, but they were throw-over and these are not. Looks like they require mounting directly to the bike, possibly using a specific plate or rail mount. I can't find anything using Google, so thought I'd ask you guys before fabricating something myself.

Anyone know what sort of hardware is required for these?

(I've not posted this in "wanted" as I'm not wanting any-one's kit, just advice over what people have and where to get it from)

Thanks

Tom

(sorry, tried using the editor to resize the photo but it doesn't save the new size)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I bodged my panniers to get rid of the throw over look.
A steel plate on the inside and back, riveted together then bolted onto the the bike as per a normal bag. Uses a couple of extra strong washers as well to help the job.

Ended up stuck solid and looks good if I say so myself.

Cheers for the replies guys - had a go at them at the weekend. Realised the rails I have are no good as they are angled to help the soft throw-over luggage to site right, but means that these hard panniers hang at the wrong angle. So first things first, some new rails!