Yamaha part number query

neversaydie
This post is 3861 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well, NSD, all I can say is that they are both front fenders, so if I can ascertain that then there must be more ways of you solving you're original question,

i.e. "Google"

The nly reason Yam gives the #'s to the parts is to make thier life easier,not sayin it won't be possible to fit but I don't know.

Sometime part #'s get supperseded with a new number but normaly they give all the old numbers to collate them,try calling a dealer they should be able to tell you if it has been superseeded with a new #

Well, NSD, all I can say is that they are both front fenders

They are indeed Mike, but the question was, are they the same front fender, that fits both the yx600 and the fzr600, as the yx600 fender is rare and stupidly expensive when available, and there are currently two fzr600 fenders available for reasonable money.

I know little of the Yamaha parts number coding, hence the question, in the chance that someone on here might be able to say yeah or nay over the weekend, enabling me to have the confidence to purchase or not and know that it fits the bike, before someone else steps in and beats me to it.

so if I can ascertain that then there must be more ways of you solving you're original question,

You're right again, there are. I have googled "Yamaha parts numbers explained" and have concluded that they are in fact the same part, one should be arriving later this week

I must try to be more self reliant

Thanks for your help

For any else in a similar quandry:

1UJ/21510/00/LG = 1UJ refers to the Model of motorcycle - yx600 Radian

21510 is the actual part number for front fender

00 refers to any subsequent revisions of that part

LG refers to the paint colour

same for

3FH/21510/00/OX = 3FH refers to fzr600

21510 is the part number for the front fender

00 refers to any subsequent revisions of that part

OX refers to the paint colour