Yz style seat on a DT?

Yamahdan
This post is 3865 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone had any idea of how I could make the seat on my DT more like a YZ seat I.e. a flat seat rather than dipped in the middle..I just want to see how it looks, probably won't look right but has to be done now I've got it in my head...

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Seat cover off and get a heat wire cutter or an electric carving knife to the foam. You will then need to refit the cover somehow. Alternatively send it off to someone who can do it professionally.

Seat cover off and get a heat wire cutter or an electric carving knife to the foam. You will then need to refit the cover somehow. Alternatively send it off to someone who can do it professionally.

Thanks for the reply;

I think I am going to need to put "more" foam on than I take off, because I want to basically raise the centre of the set up to make it give a nice line through the mudguard and tank, like the newer yz's do...

Any advice for sticking the foam together, any special glues etc?

Some of the "tac" glues work. The type that you spray both sides and then, when they are tacky, you push the 2 parts together. Some glues melt foam so be careful. Foam also comes in different densities so you may want to match the foam. Personally I would send it to a professional as most will re-foam as well as re-cover.

We will see when the time comes, got a couple of more important things to do first.. like getting it running again lol..

Thanks for the reply..