Greetings from Alaska

SF119
This post is 3868 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello,

Purchased my first bike a couple months ago, 1978 DT175E. Great condition considering I live in Ketchikan, Alaska and it rains so often here that people don't just age here, they rust. (Thankfully there's very little of that going on with the bike! :D ) Just missing some minor parts that I've mostly already replaced (just got my package full of parts I ordered, today). Bummed that it's still missing the left side cover panel that covers up the oil tank but hope to find a replacement in the future.

Anyway, did quite a bit of searching google for answers now that I'm teaching myself how to fix the bike up, Google pointed me here quite often so I thought I'd stop in and say Hey there! (And hoping for some assistance as well :P )

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi SF, Welcome to the YOC, sounds a bit like the UK (rain) but you also have mountains of snow and grisly bears to deal with. Lots of your countrymen/women on here you should feel right at home.

Welcome SF .. get some pics of the DT,,, plenty threads on restoring DT"s in forum,,, :yeah:

:welcome:

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to the crew SF...complain about the weather and you will fit right in wiv us brits :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online