Fazer/FZ 8 topbox

david095
This post is 3801 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, unfortunately I'm looking to put a topbox on my new Fazer and, apart from wondering if I'll be able to get my little legs over when I already keep kicking the pillion handles, I'm unsure which is the best option. I'm looking to potentially being able to add panniers for some touring activity so was edging towards Givi but their top box seems to sit soooooo high.

Has anybody fitted any tob boxes/panniers to their Fazers or FZ8.

Cheers guys

David

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i pick up my FZ6 tomorrow, its got the givi rack and getting the top box on it.

ao5a11.jpg

as for panniers, i have soft lugguge cos its so much cheaper being able to put them on several different bikes, only adjusting the straps!

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for that, it looks quite nice and tight on the FZ6, not sure how it'll sit on the FZ8 which seem to have a more pointed rear, it kinda suits the 6 having a bulked out rear with the exhaust, was thinking the Givi as you can get the detachable side pannier kit when not using (I only have the one bike so won't be switching between with soft kit)

I keep looking to find an 8 in the flesh but not having much luck, none of the photos I've found online really show how it looks.

cheers

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for that, it looks quite nice and tight on the FZ6, not sure how it'll sit on the FZ8 which seem to have a more pointed rear, it kinda suits the 6 having a bulked out rear with the exhaust, was thinking the Givi as you can get the detachable side pannier kit when not using (I only have the one bike so won't be switching between with soft kit)

I keep looking to find an 8 in the flesh but not having much luck, none of the photos I've found online really show how it looks.

cheers

Hi Matthew,

cheers

will post a piccy later on tonight with the box on, when i pick the bike up :)

Hey,

sorry for the delay, and the shit dark photo, but you should be able to get the jist of it...

23s866v.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

cheers guys, have the Give rack on order and pick up next week, not too happy about it but needs must, will try to post pic up when done.

• 4 weeks later...

got the rack and box fitted but struggling to get pictures up, can't work it out????

David" you need a photobucket server, [or similar] load your pics from computer to server, Then open that server on another page , Then when posting on here, flick on to photobucket, select "get links," click on IMG code, it should flash copied. then back on here, then right click on to post, then click paste, .. :eusa_clap:

David" you need a photobucket server, [or similar] load your pics from computer to server, Then open that server on another page , Then when posting on here, flick on to photobucket, select "get links," click on IMG code, it should flash copied. then back on here, then right click on to post, then click paste, .. :eusa_clap:

erm........ok........ :eusa_think:

• 4 weeks later...

still haven't figured this posting thing out yet, put some up on the FOC U website from hard drive no problem, think my photo bucket must have a hole in it? :pumpking: