help with v5 no reg number

wainyone
This post is 6678 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'v just bought a pile of bits a rd250dx 1977 but it has no V5, the

DVLA can't issue on frame number but suggested i contact an owners club,

Can anybody help the frame no' is 1A2-208814

a silver 1977 model

Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well, a 1A2 prefix is correct for an RD250 so that's a good start. The best place for you to visit would be...

http://www.aircooled-rd.com/forum/default.asp

(sorry, that link doesn't sem to work but the url is correct) but without a reg number I don't know what chance you stand with DVLA, unless you can get an age related plate once the bike is up and running which is certainly possible. You will I think have to get the bike MOT'd and possibly examined by a DVLA inspector but it can be done.

Andy

Well, a 1A2 prefix is correct for an RD250 so that's a good start. The best place for you to visit would be...

http://www.aircooled-rd.com/forum/default.asp

(sorry, that link doesn't sem to work but the url is correct) but without a reg number I don't know what chance you stand with DVLA, unless you can get an age related plate once the bike is up and running which is certainly possible. You will I think have to get the bike MOT'd and possibly examined by a DVLA inspector but it can be done.

Andy

Im told by the DVLA that I need a cert of model and year to be re assigned a age related plate, say R reg for my 1977bike, will this sites be able to help, the DVLA say ask an owners club.

Other than that when it's restored it has to have a SVLA test (like Mot) but £58, the a Q plate !!!!!!!!!

Need a R reg plate.

Im told by the DVLA that I need a cert of model and year to be re assigned a age related plate, say R reg for my 1977bike, will this sites be able to help, the DVLA say ask an owners club.

Other than that when it's restored it has to have a SVLA test (like Mot) but £58, the a Q plate !!!!!!!!!

Need a R reg plate.

The only people I know of who can help you with any sort of certification of age & model are the VJMC.

Andy

If you want a registration it maybe better to look for a frame with log book I have a 400E on a Q plate and have got a Frame with log book for it now, And there always are 250 frames around. Of course there is always the file and stamp method if you dont want to change the parts over, I have a log book here with a 1a2 prefix number with a T reg and 400 engine size but have chucked the frame was going to do something with stamps but then got the 400E frame, I went into getting an age related plate, I contacted VJMC and they will issue an age certificate from photos or rubbings of the frame numbers, I contacted Don Leeson, But unfortunately he was involved in an accident on the Isle of man last year and died as a result, but someone must have taken his place

Merv

Edited by mervin