Battery

Kiyoskia
This post is 3893 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I plan to buy a DT50 but it doesn't come with a battery. The owner said it'll run without the battery, but I've read elsewhere that I shouldn't, as this will burn out the headlight and taillight bulbs. Is this an easy thing to pop in or will I have to cut into the wiring to be able to have a battery on this bike?

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I would think Bob's right, if it's designed not to have a battery then it should be ok, if not then it's a problem with the wiring not the lack of battery, check the wiring over and make sure all the terminals are clean and that the earths are all ok and then ride off into the sunset, if your still not sure then get a local electrical mechanic to check it out for you before you ride it.

PS And PLEASE do an INTRO in the NEW MEMBERS section as it's polite to say Hi before launching into a question from strangers. Welcome to the YOC by the way always nice to meet new folks.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online