Yamaha Parts interchangeability

drewpy
This post is 926 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Every one knows that Yamaha use its parts bin for different models!

Just came across this on ebay, B)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=34238

i have'nt used it, but the www.yamaha-xt500.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1230 have and says its great!

you type in your model and you get all the common parts from other different models, so an sr500 part may fit but with a different part number.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Admin

I would also be worried that the software is out of date, ive been given the wrong parts a few times by the local yamaha garage when they have a choice of a few! :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

To find all the Yamaha parts that officially interchange...

First get your actual Yamaha P/N. You can look it up on www.yamaha-motor.com.

The current link is Yamaha Browse Parts

Then, there are several on-line motorcycle parts companies. Here you enter the Yamaha P/N. One such on-line parts seller is www.cmsnl.com. There is a link to 'Search By Part Number' then follow the instructions about trailing double-zeros and embeded dashes. This will return a list of all the motorcycles that a specific part number was used on. The current link for this is Search Cmpsnl.com By PN

And then you're off. There are still 'style' differences that are fully interchangeable but have different part numbers, such as gas tank color, gas tank cap style, etc. These parts can work perfectly fine but have completely different part numbers. Here you need to know someone who knows, or has a pile of parts in their back yard.

Joe Schmo...

• 7 years later...
On ‎26‎/‎12‎/‎2005 at 0:51 PM, drewpy said:

Every one knows that Yamaha use its parts bin for different models!

Just came across this on ebay, B)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=34238

i have'nt used it, but the www.yamaha-xt500.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1230 have and says its great!

you type in your model and you get all the common parts from other different models, so an sr500 part may fit but with a different part number.

hay andy just happened on this old post from google ,

is there anything else like this you know of that works pal.

5 hours ago, up.yours said:

hay andy just happened on this old post from google ,

is there anything else like this you know of that works pal.

sorry Kev, I don't

• 4 weeks later...

I use the zedder program and over the years found it very useful , saying that most of the DT , TT and XT's have been from the states.

TTB

• 5 years later...
20 hours ago, Time4acoffee said:

Does anyone have an updated link for compatible parts? 

if you go into fowlers parts online, you can drill down and see what else the part fits. then use google/ebay to source parts to fit your bike.
I'm closing this thread down as its over 5 years old

• drewpy locked this topic
This post is 926 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.