Thought I'd said goodbye to my Dog yesterday

Tommy xs
This post is 3147 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My wife called me yesterday & said that Chunk our pet chocolate lab had all the symptoms of canine bloat she'd got him to the vets but it wasn't looking good she was sitting outside the surgery in tears

waiting for the results of the xray bye the time i got there the Vet was coming out to speak to her, turned out it wasn't what she feared but wasn't much better, when they showed us the xray and pointed out what I assumed was his stomach was in fact a tumor about the size of a rugby ball they couldn't tell what organ it was until they operated best case scenario would be it was his spleen anything else they said it would be kinder not to wake him from the opp. We went in and spent about 20 mins with him waiting for him to go into the opp all the time thinking we might never see him again. We were told to go home wait for the call about an hour and a half they said, nearly 4 hours later phone rang, good new hes come through, it was his spleen the tumor weighed nearly 7 lb they said it all went well, still got to wait for test on tumor sample just hoping its Benign anyway we got to bring him home tonight amazing how resilient dogs can be, he was looking for food as soon as he got home hes settled down now, just sat here all night watching him

sorry to bore you all with this but hes like one my kids, he means the world to me,sitting looking his empty bed last night was made worse as it was his 8th birthday yesterday.

just hope the pet insurance pays out or I'll have to find £900

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Fuckin hell dude, glad to hear he's still with you and is hopefully on the mend.

Im sure i speak for the rest of us when i say you have the club here to support you bro, foamy salutes you.

it tares you apart dude, glad yours made it , mine died with a tumor on the brain, yea it tugs on the heart strings..

Im with you Tommy! even tho my dog acts like a twat most days i love them to bits.

Really happy your Lab pulled through and is on the mend,

Glad to hear he's ok Tommy.

£900, blimey :eusa_doh:

Fuckin hell dude, glad to hear he's still with you and is hopefully on the mend.

Im sure i speak for the rest of us when i say you have the club here to support you bro, foamy salutes you.

it tares you apart dude, glad yours made it , mine died with a tumor on the brain, yea it tugs on the heart strings..

Thank's guys for your support, just nice to have somewhere to Vent

sorry to hear about your dog Kev you hit the nail on the head there mate never thought I'd be so daft about a dog

Im with you Tommy! even tho my dog acts like a twat most days i love them to bits.

Really happy your Lab pulled through and is on the mend,

cheers mate

As above mate, here's hoping for a full recovery. Like kev, I had to get mine, a rottie, put to sleep last year, and it took a while to accept it.

We also had to let ours go. She had a rough go with seizures... and wasn't quite herself by the end. Still breaks my heart. Glad your baby's doing better Tommy and you didn't have to let him go just yet!

Thank's everyone for your support, he's still doing well a bit fragile at the moment but I'm sure he'll get stronger everyday

Sorry to hear that Tommy, but glad he is doing ok.

Fingers crossed it will pan out well mate, Ive had dogs most of my adult life and my last one died in my arms last year in the spring...he'd had a good innings though but yeah its heartbreaking when it happens

Fingers crossed it will pan out well mate, Ive had dogs most of my adult life and my last one died in my arms last year in the spring...he'd had a good innings though but yeah its heartbreaking when it happens

Cheers Paul I know it going to happen one day and when it his time I hope he goes just like that

guess its something you just have to except as a pet owner, they just don't live long enough do they

Sorry to hear that Tommy, but glad he is doing ok.

thanks bip

this is one of three ,i now have. you will have to let your dog meet DSCF1758.jpghim when he's feeling better.

im going to a dog show at hiagh hall this weekend with him. he's called angus..

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about the dog Tommy and glad to hear hes getting better,I've had dog's all my life and it hurts when they go.I always say that's it no more dogs.Never made it more than a couple of months befor the next one came home with me.After my last shepered went I realy thought thats it!! he was so close to me and so smart I thought no way will I ever find a dog as good as he was.

Then 1 day after work I come home and the shop just down the road is asking everyone " did you loose your dog" well they didn't want it to go to the pound and I said I 'll keep her untill some one come's looking for her. she was.... well a mess... under fed, afraid of /hated women,news paper rolls,fly swaters. and she couldn't keep her hair.

Long story short 7 years later Harriet is still here ( a pun she shed so much in the first few weeks it seemed the right name),never cost me any vet bills,save for shots ,and a great dog would die to save me or my son from harm.She just a mixed mutt but she's my mutt and part of the family and is fine around women,just wish i knew how old she is.

Wishing a speed recovery to your loved one

• Like 1

nice pic Kev like the name. really suite's him

its comforting to know i'm not the only one who feels so much for their dog, my initial though when I thought I would loose him was the same as yours DT50, but I also know he will one day (fingers crossed long way in the future) leave a masive hole in my life and I guess I'll have to fill it with something.

Yer dogs are amazing, gut wrenchingly so.

I had a Colly cross Blue merl called Trip who was a rescue dog. Called him trip as he would either knock you over when he was off the lead or sleep by the front door so you'd trip over him when you came home.

When i was on leave one weekend from the Forces i came home expecting to trip over the bugger and he wasn't there. Found out he went down with dimenchia (if thats how you spell it) and he had to be put down as he even forgot where his food was and was wondering round lost and confused all the time. Such a great dog with his own little traites. actually found him asleep in my bed one day, under mu covers and head on the pillow snoring his head off so i had to kip on his bed for the night ha ha.

Well since he had the opp he's been in and out the vets three times and only spent 2 nights at home, but he's still hanging in there

and hopefully we'll be able to bring him home tomorrow all going well, still a long way to go yet!! fingers crossed

Thats good and bad news,fingers crossed for your dog.IMO he would be better off at home they miss us just as much ,if not more, as we miss them but if he needs to be there then what ya going to do